Chapter 29

"Chaeyoung-ah, sit here beside me."

Mina said, patting beside her.

They are now sitting down at the bench, while waiting for Nako to get the car for them.

"Unnie!!"

"Oh, there she is." Mina stood up, fixing her dress before offering a hand to Chaeyoung. "Let's go?"

The younger one smiled, holding Mina's hand while they are walking towards the car.

Chaeyoung got in first, noticing the flowers and stuff toy tiger.

"Unnie, why is there a bouquet and stuff toy here?" She asked after Mina got to her side.

"Uhmmm, those are actually my gifts for you." "Huh, what for?"

"Just because. I just want to give you those. You know, it's been a while since we hang out." Mina said, panicking a bit. Hoping that the other one would believe her.

"Okay, thank you then!"

"You're welcome."

The two talked while driving to who knows where.

"Nako, can we stop here at the park? You may go and rest now. We can walk later on since this is close to our home." Mina said to Nako, bringing the stuff toy and bouquet.

The two got out of the car, and sat on the bench at the park.

"It's kind of very cold now since it's night.." Chaeyoung said, looking at the ice cream vendor. "But it's also refreshing."

"Want some ice cream? I know you just said it's cold, but would you like some?" Mina asked, noticing how the younger one was looking at the ice cream.

"Sure, why not? It's not bad to eat ice cream with cold weather, or does it?"

"Well, let's try it out."

They bought an ice cream. Chaeyoung having strawberry flavor, while Mina having cookies and cream flavor.

They go back to the bench, and stared at the stars while eating in peace.

"Chaeyoung-ah, thank you." Mina suddenly said, making Chaeyoung to look at her.

The older one was still looking at the stars, not wanting to have any eye contact.

"What for, unnie?"

"Just for everything."

Mina look back at Chaeyoung's staring eyes.

"Unnie, your eyes are shining like diamonds again." She muttered, and then she realized why Mina's eyes are like that. "Why are you crying, unnie?"

"I am crying?" Mina confusingly asked, touching her eyes. "This is nothing.. Well, have you finished your ice cream?"

She asked, changing the topic.

"Yeah, let's go back. It's getting late, unnie." Chaeyoung said, standing up, but Mina stopped her.

"I have something to tell you, why don't you sit down first?"

She sit down, thinking that there must be something important that her unnie will say.

"What is it?" She asked, waiting for Mina to say it.

Mina took a deep breath.

"I won't say anything else, and get to the point." She whispered nervously.

"Chaeyoung-ah, I lo-"

She can't be hear clearly because of a car that is so fast, and soon followed by police car.

"Can you please repeat again? The cars were loud."

Before any interruption, Mina said it as clear as she can.

"I love you, Chaeyoung. Not just as a friend, but as lovers." She stopped, looking at the younger's reaction.

Chaeyoung doesn't have any reply, but just listened so she decided to continue.

"I had thought of it for so many times. I thought it was just friendship, because I don't really have any genuine friends. But no."

"When I am with you, my heart beats so fast, and loud. I felt myself so happy, and satisfied even if we are not doing anything, as long as I am with you."

"..And when you are happy with someone else, I don't know why, but there's this bitter feeling inside my chest."

"That's why I have come to a conclusion.."

Mina hold both Chaeyoung's hands.

"..I think I like you. No, I am in love with you."

She said, smiling out of relief. Finally, she said her feelings, but anxiousness came to her when Chaeyoung didn't respond, and only look at her with an expression she can't tell.

They stared at each other, Mina is slowly losing her hope, and closely accepting her fate; that Chaeyoung doesn't love her the way Mina loves her.

"I understand.. I understand that you don't lik-"

"Don't think of a conclusion, you didn't even asked me if I would go out with you or not." 

Mina can't process properly about what the younger said.

Chaeyoung noticing her processing, she said what she meant clearly.

"Unnie, ask me if I would go out with you or not, and I would give you my answer."

"Oh, uhmmm.." The older cleared her voice. "Would you go out with me?"

Chaeyoung have that serious face, before smiling widely. "Of course! I was supposed to ask you out tomorrow, but you did it first."

"So, we are dating now?" The younger nod in response.

Mina can't help, but hug Chaeyoung at that moment. 

"You are finally my girlfriend! Next step is to have you as my fiancée, and then we will get married, and have a house, kids.."

Chaeyoung can't help, but laugh at her girlfriend. "You already think of that?"

"Of course, I already planned my future with you. Every second, every minute, every hour, every day, every week, every month, every year.." Mina once again smiled widely, showing her gummy smile. 

"..I will always be at your side, no matter what!"