Chapter 14

It's almost a year since she got Chaeyoung, her rented friend but a true friend.

She still pay through her card but it looks like one more week and her card will be red.

"So, what do I do now?" Mina asked to herself, tapping with her feet while she is thinking.

"Maybe I will ask for more money from dad?" She said before scratching her head. "But I think that would be bad."

Mina got allowance every week which is 20k, exact of Chaeyoung's payment. But these days, her allowance turn into 15k.

"What if I ask Chaeyoung to be my friend without me paying?" Mina thought. "But what if she need money that's why she is working with me? What if she go to another client?"

She start to panic with her "what ifs". Suddenly, a sound came from her phone.

----

Rented friend will be unavailable starting next week. The card ID is invalid.
-----

Mina look at her bank after seeing the message from the app.

Another sound came from her phone.

-----

Mina, I am sorry but I will reduce your allowance for now. The company is having struggle since there is a major problem. I am really sorry.

It's okay, dad.

----

That's what she replied, however, she is really not okay with it. She look at her bank and got 10k from her father.

"What do I do now?"

-----

"Isn't this too harsh?"

Chaeyoung asked, looking at Akira. "No, that's fine. She should learn how to get money by her own."

"Also, for the meantime, you will not be seeing Mina unless she pay." He reminded.

"How about in school?" "Just do your best not to see her." Akira thumbs up before giving the cub a pat. "You can do it!"

"Looks like this is also torture for me." She thought.

Ever since Mina didn't pay, she never saw Chaeyoung for the whole two days. She even tried to wait for her until Chaeyoung's class is done but Chaeyoung's actually finish before her class.

She also asked Dahyun but the other say yesterday, "I didn't see her, maybe she got sick. She didn't text me." And today, "She left early today, she said she will attend something. She leave in a hurry."

"I need to find a way." Mina said, determine to have Chaeyoung once again. "I'll ask Aunt Nayeon."

She go to the kitchen to look for her but found Jihyo. "Aunt Jihyo, where is Aunt Nayeon?"

"Oh, they are off day today. It is Tzuyu's family day in her school. Why are you looking for her?"

"I want to ask a tip." "What tip?"

"Aunt Jihyo, I will whisper it to you." Mina cutely said, before Jihyo got closer to her. "How do I get more money?"

Jihyo suddenly back away, shocked at the younger's question.

"You need a job. But since you are still a student, maybe having part-time is better."

Mina think. "How much do you think it can pay?" She asked.

"It depends. But during my time back when I was taking care of you, around 15k to 20k."

"That much!?"

"You grow up from a rich family so I could say that 15k to 20k is already high, it's just a part-time, not even a full job like now."

Jihyo paused for a bit, looking at Mina's happy reaction. "But the thing is, the average can be around 1k to 5k everyday. It actually depend where you will work." Mina's reaction suddenly drop, making Jihyo giggle.

"Why are you looking for money, anyways? Your father always give you allowance."

"Nothing. I just want to know." Jihyo nod, not believing.

"But if you want one, I can recommend you." Jihyo said, suddenly waking Mina's inner soul. "Please!"

-----

It's been five days since Chaeyoung didn't meet Mina, she is kinda worried to the older.

Mina's birthday is close, so she decided to buy gifts. She don't know if she can give it to the exact birthday of Mina but she will still buy.

She go to her parents' shop. Yoo Are Mine shop. They sell clothes, shoes, jewelries, and even mugs.

The shop almost have everything. This shop is the first one that's why it is very big unlike the other branch.

"What gift will be the best.." She look through the clothes. But she go to the jewelries side.

She look closely to the jewelries but she find herself looking at a girl's back, who keep on looking to a tiger stuff toy.

"Isn't that Mina unnie?" She suddenly thought after she saw half of the sales lady's face.

"But am I mistaken? There's no way she is here, and even working." Chaeyoung try to look more, but the sales lady suddenly look at her.

Mina stare at her, having the "I am longing for you" look. But then she suddenly glared at her.

"That's really Mina unnie!" She thought, before thinking of escaping.

So she suddenly hide to the shelves. Her heartbeat is beating so fast, she don't know why she is even hiding.

After seconds later, she look on her right side. There's no Mina detected. She sighed deeply.

"Why are you sighing so deeply?" Someone suddenly asked beside her. She jumped from the shock, only to see Mina.

"Mina unnie." She try to stand up but the older caught her and bring her somewhere.

The room is very dark but Mina opened the lights, the room is white without any things in it.

"So, why are you avoiding me?" Chaeyoung is like a hostage now.

"Me? When did I ever.." She think of a way to escape but slowly stop when she realized that the door was locked by Mina.

And it looks like Mina's eyes will never leave her.

The tension is very hot. Looks like Chaeyoung really need to face Mina now, seeing how the older's eyes are scary.