Flying Solo-ish

As it starts raining, Sasha and Meredith walk to the door as Derek follows them, "I don't want to have this conversation again."

"Meredith. Sasha."

Sasha turns to him as Meredith unlocks the door, "You didn't sign the divorce papers. Fine. We get it. End of discussion."

He tries again, "Meredith, Sasha."

"What?!"

"Oh. I usually just say your names and then you two yell at me. I haven't thought past that point. I actually didn't have anything planned," Meredith and Sasha share a look before they both start pushing and shoving him until he's out the door, "What is that? Hey, stop it!"

"Seriously?! Seriously?" Meredith yells.

"Seriously?" Sasha asks once they get up to George's room where Izzie and George are both lying there.

George turns over, looking like he was asleep, "This is a very small bed."

Meredith and Sasha squeeze onto the bed, "He's a brain surgeon."

Izzie keeps talking about her night, "I look fantastic. I shaved my legs."

Sasha shakes her head, "He's a brain surgeon. How can he be so brainless?"

"Hello? Seriously."

"Seriously."

George pats their shoulders as he shushes them. Lightning strikes before the power goes out.

¤¤¤¤

Next shift, Cristina is back, making that clear to Bailey. Addison comes to the door and asks the room, "Has anyone seen Dr. Shepherd this morning?"

Bailey shoots Sasha and Meredith a look before saying, "His name's on the OR board. He should be here somewhere."

As she leaves, Sasha whispers to Meredith, "Dr. Montgomery offered to mentor me. She said she expects great things from me and wants to teach me."

"What'd you say?"

"That I love her work, but I don't know if the personal stuff that's happened either including her or because of her would make for a good working or learning environment."

"Rounds, people," Bailey calls them.

Grabbing their white coats, they follow their resident.

¤¤¤¤

Getting to the first patient's room, Cristina presents, "Henry Lamott, age 42, is scheduled with Dr. Shepherd for a spinal implant to control the pain of his herniated disc, is allergic to all pain medication."

Hearing moans, Cristina looks at the tv, "Is that...?"

"Porn," His wife states.

"Porn?" Bailey asks before looking up, "As in porn?"

"All right," Alex kind of cheers, "What are we watching?"

Bailey dismisses him, "Karev, go stand in the hall. Uh, Mr. and Mrs. Lamott, I'm sure you are really nice people, and what you do in the privacy of your own-look, we can't have porn in here. This is a hospital."

Mr. Lamott tells her, "It's for my pain. My doc says it releases endorphins in the brain, and it helps keep my pain at a manageable level."

"Really?" George asks.

"George-hall," Bailey dismisses.

As he leaves, he pulls his coat tighter around him. 

Izzie asks, "What is this?"