No Dating

Sasha hands Meredith a cup of coffee as she pins a Roommates Wanted sign to the board in the interns locker room before quickly slipping her scrubs on. Carefully slipping the ring off her finger, she loops it through the plain necklace she's wearing before clasping it back on.

The ring was the only part of her birth mother she has left. She's never not worn it or had it close by. Shutting her locker, she and Meredith head out to their roommate interviews for the day. 

"Look, I'm sure you're very nice, but I'm very particular about who lives in my house, and you're just not right," Meredith tells the intern in front of them.

Leaning her head back, Sasha lets out a groan as the intern keeps fighting for that room, "Why? Look, I'm quiet. No loud music, no parties."

Meredith sits up straighter, "Where were you when the Challenger exploded?"

"The what?"

"The space shuttler Challenger," Meredith clarifies as Sasha chuckles.

"Uh...I think I was in kindergarten," The intern looks confused, trying to remember.

Standing up, Meredith grabs Sasha's arm to pull her away, "Exactly. No."

Sasha wraps an arm around Meredith as they walk away, "You know, you are way too picky when it comes to roommates. If it were up to me, I would've picked the first two. Or two of the 15 after them."

"Well, good thing it's mostly my decision."

Meeting up with Izzie and George, Meredith and Sasha fill them in on the failed attempts at trying to find a roommate, "Why do you put up posters for roommates if you don't want roommates?"

Meredith argues, "I do want roommates. We're together 100 hours a week. You want to live together too?"

George butts in, "You live with Sasha."

"We're in love, that's different."

"I see you bring bribes now, huh?" Cristina gestures to the extra coffee in Meredith's hand.

"My mom iron's my scrubs," George tells Meredith and Sasha, "I have to get out of there."

Sasha wipes the specks of apple that were spit at her face, "Dude, say it, don't spray it."

"It's not a bribe. I don't think it's a good idea," Meredith tells Cristina first, and then George. 

George keeps bribing, "I can put down last, first, and deposit."

Cristina keeps poking fun of Meredith, "It's totally a bribe."

Izzie throws her name in the mix, "I can cook, and I'm an obsessive cleaner."

"No," Meredith shakes her head, "Sasha and I have already vetoed you two. We just want two total strangers who we don't have to talk to or be nice to, and it's not a bribe. It's a mocha latte."

"Why'd you say no?" Cristina asks her sister.

"George is too whiny and Izzie is too perky and happy."

"Yeah."

Bailey gets the attention of her interns at the nurses station, "George, you're running the code team. Meredith, take the trauma pager. Cristina, deliver the weekend labs to the patients. Izzie, you're on sutures. Sasha, you were requested by Dr. Shepherd."

Sasha smiles and does a little happy dance once Bailey had turned away, earning a shove from her sister.

"Dr. Bailey, I was hoping to assist you in the OR today. Maybe do a minor procedure. I think I'm ready. Mocha latte?" Meredith follows the resident.