Chapter 39

Reid's POV

I dropped JJ and Henry off at my place so Henry didn't have to see the blood at JJ's house where Will was shot. "Henry listen to me." I say bending on one knee to be eye to eye with him. "Do not let mommy up! She need to keep her foot up. I'll be back soon. I'm trusting you little man." "Yes sir!" He said then turning at JJ and giving her a 'I'm in charge' smirk "What if I get hungry?" She asked "Then you call me. You are NOT to get up. Do you hear me Jennifer Jareau." I say. She loves when I call her by her full name. "No." She says "What'd you say?!" I said throwing my arms down on each side of her as I hover over her "I said no." She said biting her inside lip "Henry buddy why don't you go find something to watch on TV in my room? Me and your mommy have to talk." I say "Is she in trouble!" Henry said "Very much trouble." I say "Oooooooh. Mommy's getting grounded!" Henry said walking off "Yes she is." I say as he closes the door to the bedroom. When I'm sure he's watching TV and the door is closed I gently pushed JJ down careful not to hit her foot. "You have been very bad." I say again hovering above her "Teach me what's right doctor." She says pulling my tie and kissing me. We haven't had much alone time since the whole Will thing and since Henry has been with us a lot so it was nice to be able to kiss her again. "I missed those lips." She says "I missed your everything." I said. We continued kissed until I had to pry away. "I gotta go." I kept saying. She wouldn't stop kissing me. "Why." She said pulling away "The faster I get that cleaned up the faster we get to home and finish this." I say "Ugh fine!" She says as I get up "Ok buddy you can come back. Hey come give me hugs I gotta go." I say "Bye dad." Henry said hugging me. That was the first time he called me dad since Will died. Even if this new baby isn't mine, I'll still be its dad just as much as I am Henry's. Family isn't about blood, it's about love. And I've got plenty of love for them even if they're not my own kids. I still love them either way.