Chapter 54. My Price (David)

(Present time)

   I am standing glued to the wall, not daring to move a muscle. How much crazier can this whole thing get? How far is he going to push me?

   He knows I am inexperienced. He is my first. I was totally relying on him to get me through it. Does Ryo think I've become self-confident enough to master a seduction game in such a short time? How could he possibly have assumed that I would be so bold as to take the initiative? I've always been the one to beg. I'm actually ready to do it right now. He makes me so weak to my own desires. A glance is enough, a word, a simple gesture. 

   This man has admirable willpower. He claims I am his soft spot, but I am sure he can resist me if he wants. I am watching him sit on the edge of my bathtub, stark naked and fully aware of how drop-dead gorgeous he is. That devious grin makes his lips even more tempting. I realize that there is no easy way to see him bow and scrape before me. 

   But I am not the one to give up. A tough challenge requires everything. I will turn my flows, my obsessions, my deepest fears into an advantage. I have done it before in my work. When something seems impossible, I simply vow on succeeding and put my all into it. 

   I close my eyes and say to myself, 'I promise I will pull this off. I can do it. I'll just admit the scary truth and it will become my strongest motivation. I am in love with Ryo. I am. I have loved him for twenty years.' 

   How could I forget those eyes? He can't recognize me because I have changed so much, but he is the same. I remember. I remember everything. I remember him. What is the point in denying it when I already know? No more doubts. There is nothing to hold me back.

   It is sealed. No way to back off. I will compete with myself in this race, because I need him to fall for me, for the man I am today. I am Angel who is difficult, troubled and complicated, no more the carefree boy Ryo once met. I want him to love me as I am. To find David, he will have to stop searching for him, to give up the boy for the man, standing before him. We both must make peace with the past to have a future together. This is my price. 

   "Angel San, naite iru no (are you crying)?" Ryo's voice is quiet and worried. I haven't noticed the tears, rolling down my cheeks. "Is it too much? Does this make you feel uncomfortable?"

   "No," I shake my head and smile. "It's exactly what I need."

   "Come here." He holds out his hand. I can see deep affection in his eyes. "Kinchō suru koto wa nai yo. Daisuki da yo. Omae wa jijitsuda to shitte iru. (No need to be nervous. I like you so much. You know it's true.)"

   He cares. It warms my heart, but also gives me my first weapon. I will use it cleverly. Sometimes, one has to be a little sneaky with a dangerous opponent like Ryo. I will be ruthless because my happiness, OUR happiness is at stake. We play for the highest gain. It's all or nothing.

   I look him in the eye and smirk, "Is that all you've got? I was picturing you on your knees with tears in your eyes. If you want me, you'll have to do better."

   "What?" His expression is one of pure bewilderment, but soon his lips stretch in an approving grin. "You naughty cat! So, we're playing, huh?"

   "You think it's a game?" I laugh out. "No, baby. This is war. Don't be surprised when you find me yanking your chain. I learned from the best."

   "I see," he chuckles, trying to look unfazed. He is not deceiving me, though. I notice the light blush, spreading on his cheeks and the way his cock is getting harder. 

   "I have some rules too," I state, pushing myself off the wall. I've never felt braver. Once I set my goal, nothing can stop me.

   Ryo's eyes are following carefully my movements. He still thinks I am easy to overcome. Seduction is his strong suit, not mine. But I am not even going to try it. My plan is simple. It is based on logic. He had many lovers and probably saw all kinds of lewd performances. Perhaps, he expects me to try something similar, sexy moves, provocation, shameless words. I won't. He is not here for this. He likes me because I am nothing like them. Everything I offer is genuine, coming from the heart, another weapon in our love war. The best way to drive him crazy is just to be myself.

   "You can't touch me without permission. If you do it, I win." I slowly approach him without breaking the eye contact. My heart is beating faster and faster when I lean in and whisper in his ear, "You can't touch yourself either. Sounds familiar? You're gonna sit here and just watch until you hear me say 'Yes' and I won't do it before I am sure you're at the end of your tether. You'll have to persuade me, baby. Make sure you're pretty convincing. I won't believe you easily."

   "Uwā! Sekushīda ne (Wow! You are so hot)," Ryo gasps, reaching unconsciously to touch me. 

   "Are you giving up already?" I ask, quickly retreating towards the shower. "Tsk, tsk, Ryo! I'm starting to consider myself a diamond in the rough. I might turn out quite good at this."

   "You are perfect," he quietly mumbles. "In every possible way."

   I keep quiet because the lump in my throat will become too evident if I try to say something. I was anything but perfect before I met him, although, I had devoted my life to trying to achieve it. I've been so stupid. Now I realize that being perfect is not an universal quality. It is the way love makes you perceive yourself, the love for yourself and for others and theirs for you. That's what is universal.

   "Arigatō!" I mutter under my breath and turn my back to him.

   "Hey, what are you planning to do?" Ryo asks.

   "Take a shower," I answer. "It's about time."

   "Maybe, I can join?" He tentatively suggests.

   "No!" 

________________________________

A/N

Hello everyone at the end of chapter 54.

Thank you for reading and supporting! ❤❤❤

David remembered. He has a new mission now.

What do you think of the new plan to make Ryo love him before revealing who he is?

Share your thoughts, ask questions and criticize, if you feel like.

And don't forget to vote, if you liked the chapter.

Thank you! 💗

Love: Anny