Chapter 46. 各ルールへの挑戦* (Ryo)

*Kaku rūru e no chōsen - A challenge for each rule

   (Present time)

   What a man! 

   I am spellbound by the way he moves, gracefully, without the slightest trace of modesty. The fact that he is stark naked seems to make him even more self-confident, quite rightly at that. He is completely comfortable in his own skin and fully aware of the stunning sight that he is. All the hesitation Angel ever showed with me was weather to trust me or not in the beginning. Once I was able to break through his walls, he never had a second thought about anything we did. 

   His devotion is dangerously intoxicating. His body is pure perfection. His vulnerability is pulling my heart strings and I feel the vibrations deep in my soul. My fingers tighten around his. I see it as clear as daylight. I will never want to let go of his hand. 

   I gulp heavily and clear my throat, afraid that my voice will betray me, coming out too shaky and hoarse. "Where do we go now, Otokomae?"

   "Depends on what you want us to do," he chuckles. "The bedroom is up the stairs, the kitchen is to the right and the back door, leading to the pool, is on your left."

   "All three sound quite tempting," I smile. "We'll put them all into use and also add the bathroom and the living room. You chose five, remember?"

   "What?... Ohh... Right!... five," he chokes out in surprise, blushing brightly. "You mean we'll fu... umm... do things in all hose places..."

    "Yeah, things," I laugh. "Don't you want to give me a tour of the house? I'd love it."

   "It's a bit ambitious, considering that I'm blindfolded," he counters. I like his spunk. We are equal partners in this game. I lead because he wants it. This is fine by me. It is important for him to be strong, even when I am not around.

   "Well, you might be able to win a little exemption on my part," I say graciously. "I am not willing to keep you in the dark the entire time. Let's start with the bedroom, shall we? We'll see then. You go first."

   Angel carefully feels the floor with his foot until he finds the first step. 

   "Don't worry." I put my palm on his waist. "I'm right behind you. I won't let you fall."

   "I know," he mumbles, slowly climbing up the stairs. "Actually, I often walk around the house at night without turning on the lights. I don't sleep very well lately. It's not a problem to get anywhere with my eyes closed. I know the house too well."

   "Why can't you sleep?" I ask. There's something odd in his tone that rises my curiosity, but also worries me a little. Did I push him off balance? Is my presence such a big disruption in his life? I remember his therapist's reaction. The girl was fuming. Healing sometimes requires going through great pain, but I have never intended to disturb his peace so much that he loses his sleep.

   "I don't really want to talk about this now," Angel answers. "It's a long story and I prefer not to bother you with it. It has nothing to do with you anyway, just... some ghosts from the past. Here. Welcome to my sanctuary! You're the first man to ever set a foot in my bedroom."

   I follow him silently inside. I would lie, if I say that I don't want to dig into this. Ghosts from the past sound too intriguing. He is with me now. That means complete sincerity. Angel has to learn to confide in me, to share his struggles and rely on my help. I am not here only for the sex, not anymore. But we have time. We will move forward slowly, step by step. I'll teach him the rules one by one... the hard way. I smirk at the thought. He is so going to like it.