Chapter 45. Whatever It Takes (Ryo)

[xxx - mature content warning]

   He is standing naked in front of me, tall, strong and incredible, resembling the statue of Achilles I once saw at the Queen Elizabeth Gate in London Hyde Park. His tense muscles are trembling under the perfectly smooth skin, slightly damp with sweat, like an Arab stallion, impatiently waiting for the stall door to open and let him loose to dash into the wild race. No one can outrun him. He will conquer the world. I just have to make him realize that what covers his eyes is not the black scarf, but his own fears and it is only up to him to break free.

   Whatever cunning schemes I had in my head evaporated into thin air the moment I looked at him. I can stand here and watch him forever. I swear, I feel the pull. This man has his own gravity. He is a planet, irresistibly enticing its moon closer. One tiny mistake and I'll lose the balance, crash on the surface and break into pieces, but not before I make him open his eyes and see that there are no limits. This is why I have to be patient, overweening and firm. I will allow myself the weakness to surrender to his charm only now, for the few seconds when he can't see me and is wondering what will happen next.

   "I've already played this game," Angel says daringly, running his fingers over the fabric, covering half of his face. 

   "Then you'll probably pick a bigger number," I smirk. "I got the impression that you really enjoyed it last time."

   "Hmm," he shakes his head, taking a hesitant step forward. A subtle smile is lingering on his lips. He likes this. The excitement is evident in his every move, the rapid breathing and his tense posture. He inhales deeply, trying to find out exactly where I am by the scent of my perfume, and takes another step. It is in precisely the right direction. The distance between us is no more than three feet. Angel reaches out and sighs in disappointment when he fails to touch me.

    "I'm sure there's a catch," he mumbles. "You're too clever to make it so easy for me. You want me to think that a bigger number is better, while it's probably worse. I doubt you'll do the same as before. Or, perhaps, you're deceiving me on purpose to make this assumption and choose a smaller one when the other option is preferable."  

   "Sōdesu ka (Is that so)?" I laugh. "You have a difficult choice to make then, Angel San. Tada oboete iru, watashi wa anata o damasu tame ni koko ni iru node wa arimasen (Just remember, I am not here to fool you)."

   I wait for him to close the distance and let his palms slide up my abs and over my chest.

   "I missed you," Angel breaths out. His hands go up, following the curve of my shoulders, feeling carefully my neck, my cheeks, tracing the shape of my mouth and finally burying in my hair. He squeezes a handful, pulling me closer. "Why? Why are you here, Ryo? Watashi wa riyū o shiru hitsuyō ga aru (I need to know the reason)."

   "Because I can be nowhere else anymore, but right next to you," I whisper.  His tongue flicks over his bottom lip and I bite mine to stop the moan. I'll be doomed, if he finds out how much I want him, although, I am sure he has already sensed it. The temptation to give up the stupid games and just give in to him is too strong.

   "Choose!" I hiss, tilting my head back to escape his lips. 

   "The same," he says sternly, withdrawing his hands. I was rude. The pain passes like a shadow over his face and my heart shrinks. "Since I have no idea what this is all about, I choose five again. Do whatever you want."

   He steps back and my arms move on their own and wrap around him. He gasps in surprise. Our naked bodies collide and everything else loses its meaning. His skin is burning mine. It's a pure chemical reaction that leaves me fighting for breath. My cheek rests on his shoulder. It feels so good. It feels like home. This is where I belong. 

   "Stay close, Otokomae," I plead. "Watashi no soba ni ite kudasai (Please, stay by my side)."

   He makes me shaky when I have to be strong. I pretend to be doing this for Angel, but I am the one who desperately needs him. He ruined me for anyone else. I am lost without him. I know the feeling. It's the same one that made me dig into piles of documents, requested from a cruise company and the same quantity of police reports. It's the feeling that I will never be whole without that one person who will click into the right place, like a piece of a puzzle, and make me complete.

   "Ryo," he softly says in my ear. "You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. I was so afraid before I met you, of the world, of the unexpected, of something that I don't even remember. I am not going anywhere. I will do whatever it takes to be yours, not only five times, but even five hundred, if that's what it takes."

   I kiss his lips, quickly, with all my passion. It's the hardest thing to stop, but I do it and breathe in slowly to calm myself down.

   "You are brave, Otokomae. I admire you." I take his hand and lead him to the open door at the end of the hallway. "Five is perfectly enough."

________________________________

Photo 12823317 © Andrei Vishnyakov | Dreamstime.com

A/N

Hello everyone at the end of chapter 45.

Thank you for reading and supporting! ❤❤❤

Do you think Ryo's priorities have already changed?

Will he finally stop the search?

Will David and Ryo ever find out that they've been actually searching each other?

Share your thoughts, ask questions and criticize, if you feel like.

And don't forget to vote, if you liked the chapter.

Thank you!

Love: Anny