CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

They travelled back to the US after their vacation came to an end. Zylan and Zylith's love was becoming stronger as they got to learn about each other's weaknesses and strengths. However, Zylan had still not told Zylith about his mom and that bothered her.

One evening, while Zylith was seated at her desk gaming, she heard a knock at the door.

"Come in!" She shouted and immediately went back to playing the game. She then stopped playing while still holding her controller in her hands and turned her head to see who it was.

"Zylan," she swung the chair around and removed the headphones while getting up. His eyebrows were low and pulled close together.

"Hey. What happened?" She asked as she walked up to him. He did not respond and just stood there face turned downwards. She hugged him without saying another word.

It was at that moment when he broke down. No words could describe how sore he felt. For the first time, she saw and heard him cry. It broke her heart to see him like that.

They stayed in that position for some time and he just cried while resting his head on her shoulder. She soothed his back as she whispered, "it's alright. I'm here for you."

He cried until he fell asleep. She didn't ask him a single thing and just comforted him like she knew what was going on.

The Next Day

Zylith opened her eyes and turned, looking at the person beside her. She pouted as she looked at him. His eyes were swollen and he looked so miserable.

She turned her head when she heard her phone vibrating on the desk. She slowly got up from the bed, trying her best not to wake him up and got her phone. It was aunt Jessie. She left the room and went to answer it.

OTC

"Zylan. Is he there?" She asked.

"Yes he is," she replied.

She let out a sigh of relief and said, "thank goodness! I had gotten so worried when he didn't come back home."

"What happened?"

She sighed and hesitantly said, "it's...kind of complicated. I'll explain it to you when I get there. Please take care of him for me. He's going through a lot right now."

Zylith nodded and said, "sure I will."

She sharply exhaled and went back to her room. Zylan had just woken up and was silently seated upright.

"Good morning," she greeted with a faint smile on her lips. He glanced at her and then looked away. He hated seeing people pity him like that.

She walked over to a drawer and took out some pain killers and got a bottle of water, placing them beside him on the nightstand.

"Your head must hurt. You should take this."

"No thanks I'm fine," he replied in a monotone. She quietly stared at him with a small frown on her face while he averted her gaze.

"Stop staring. I hate feeling pitied."

Zylith looked away and then back at him, "when someone looks at you with sorry eyes. It doesn't always mean they are pitying you. I'm only concerned Zylan."

She put her hand on top of his and lightly squeezed it, "crying isn't being weak. It's a way of healing."

He finally looked up at her and sighed, "mom came back."

Zylith looked up at him confused as her eyes widened, "I thought your mom is dead." He shook his head and sighed again.

"She left when I was 9 and that hurt me," he clenched his jaw, "we considered her dead to us after that."