CHAPTER SEVEN

-Zylith-

And just like that, the child in me was gone. My dreams destroyed and I became comfortably numb.

I always had someone to blame for all my misfortunes but this time, I only had myself to blame.

I knew I should have refused that dance. Refused to let his warm hands under my dress but, I didn't. I was so caught up in the moment.

"Ms. Zylith you're now home," a voice informed, snapping me out of my thoughts making me turn my head upfront to look at the driver. I looked around and saw that I was home.

"Oh," I got off the car, wrapping my hands around my body to prevent the cold wind from rippling through my clothes. I was still wearing the dress from that morning which was rather short in length and short sleeved.

It felt like all eyes were on me when I entered the house though no one was actually looking at me. Only mom and I knew about it. That's what I thought at least.

I numbly walked upstairs to my room. As much as I wanted to cry and relieve myself, I couldn't. It felt like my eyes were done producing tears and all the hormones in my body turned sour, making me void of any sort of emotions.

I sat on my bed, spreading my hands as much as they could go to lean on for support. A simple deep breath was all I had energy for. My lips couldn't part ways for me to produce any words.

I heard a light knock at the door and just sat there staring at the door without saying a word.

The door suddenly swung open slowly revealing one of our maids, Riley, carrying a tray of food.

"I have brought your food," she informed, placing it in front of me. Just when I thought she was going to leave, she went to close the door then came back and stood there staring at me.

"What?" I finally asked.

"I won't leave till I see you eating," she replied.

"I'll eat. Please leave," I politely spoke.

"No way," she shook her head.

"Oh and your phone," she took it out of her pocket and placed it on the night stand.

Riley and I only had a three year age difference hence we were pretty close. She was the easiest person to talk to in the whole house.

"Ugh," I groaned and picked up the spoon. She forced me to eat and take my medicines given to her by mom.

"At least your mom's mind will be at ease knowing you have eaten," she stood up from my bed and carried the tray in her hands.

"Take care of yourself Zylith and stop worrying your mom like that," she uttered.

I watched her leave my room with the tray in her hands, humming a tune.

It felt good to know that mom still cared about me despite being so mad at me. That gave me a ray of hope.

I stood up from the bed and took off my clothes, deciding to take a shower after feeling a bit of energy in my body.

The shower enclosure was filled with steam as the hot water run down my body. I touched my tummy thinking about what to do next.

"What happened that night was just play okay. It's not like we got married or anything."

"Let's pretend it never happened."

"I don't feel anything for you just in case you were mistaken. It's called a one night stand for a reason. To be honest with you. I neither remembered your face nor your name until I did a lot of thinking. Does that answer your question?"- flashbacks of his words echoed in my mind.

He probably wouldn't want it, neither do I.

The next day

"Are you saying abortion is the best option?" Judy glared at me.

"It's not like I have better options," I shrug, unzipping the garment bag unveiling my dress.

"The wedding is still on and mom is so excited. She can't find out. No one can," I shook my head.

"I understand your point but abortion is a big thing. You might die or even lose your womb forever!" She exclaimed.

"I know all the risks already," I nodded.

"You dimwit!" She yelled, covering her mouth.

"I don't think you really understand the risks of this. Why ruin your future because of a mistake. Think about it at least."

"Fine Judy," I held her by the shoulders, "I will think about it. Now stop worrying about somebody else's life and worry about your own. You still need to get your hair done for the wedding."

"Right," she nodded in realization.

"See you later," she walked towards the door.

"This discussion is not over just adjourned until further notice," she quickly spoke and left in a hurry. I faked a smile and waved her goodbyes.

I knew about all the risks but still wanted to do it. There was no way I was going to keep a baby that belongs to the person who will be my brother the day after tomorrow.

On my way downstairs, I heard voices coming from my mom's room. The zeal to eaves drop grew when I heard grandma's voice. I tiptoed to my mom's bedroom and stood at the door listening.

"How could you be so chilled with it?" Grandma exclaimed, "you just found out that Zylith is pregnant and you don't know who is responsible for it!"

"What can I do mom, she said she can't remember who it is. She was drunk. It's impossible to remember," mom replied.

"You're so naive Claire and you spoil that girl way too much!" Grandma argued, "look at her now! She has gotten pregnant for a stranger. Your child has become a slut! Who knows what she'll do next."

Grandma always knew how to make me feel like a burden.

I pressed my ear against the door trying to get what they were talking about more clearly.

"Whatever. The wedding still has to go on," grandma emphasized.

It felt selfish of her to only care about the wedding when there were bigger problems. She wanted them both to wed so bad because it meant she would benefit from Daniel's riches. All she cared about was money, fame and her looks.

I had so many reasons to ruin the wedding. However, my mom had sacrificed a lot for me. It was my turn to return the favor. The last thing I would want is to ruin my mom's happiness.

Thank you for taking the time to read my story. I hope you like it and please vote, comment and follow me. It will be greatly appreciated.