CHAPTER EIGHT

-Zylan-

I stared at my reflection through the mirror as I fixed my tie. Aunt kept walking around my room panicking.

"I don't think I look good enough Zylan," she panicked, "does this hairstyle suit me or should I do something different?"

"Relax aunt you look amazing," I chuckled, "besides, you're not the bride so don't panic."

"Sorry I'm just so nervous and happy at the same time," she nervously laughed.

"I'm happy to see my brother happy again after such a long time."

"Yeah," I nonchalantly replied.

The door opened revealing dad and Benjamin, all dressed up. I turned my head to look at them.

"Are you guys ready?" Dad asked.

"Yes," aunt happily replied.

"Let's get moving then!" Benjamin cheered. I got my phone and walked behind them.

"My nephew looks so hot," aunt complemented.

"Of course I always look hot," I chuckled, "but thank you." We conversed as we walked to the car.

"This will be you getting married next time," aunt sighed.

Benjamin's jaw dropped then he looked at me. He then bursted into laughter telling aunt that it's impossible for a nomad to settle. I jokingly rolled my eyes at him.

"Your father needs to hold his grandchildren while he's still young and energetic you know," aunt laughed.

"I also need cousins aunt," I dramatically turned to her. She rolled her eyes and scoffed at me. Having recently broken up with her boyfriend, she didn't want to talk about that and that was my way of shutting her up.

Minutes later

I was standing besides dad as the large doors opened, revealing a beautiful woman in a white dress. Dad really did make a good choice.

My eyes however averted to the girl standing besides her. I somewhat felt guilty for my choice of words last time but, I wasn't supposed to care right?

The wedding music played as they slowly walked towards the altar. Her gaze was fixed on the floor as she walked besides her mom. The only one who seemed to be in the moment was the girl on Claire's left side.

They got to the altar and left their mom to be with my dad. Benjamin and I walked to our seats too and sat down as the ceremony began.

I noticed the other girl I had mentioned earlier gazing at me from time to time. It felt like she had a lot to say but couldn't say it.

Finally, she stood up and walked towards me. Despite the large crowd of people present, she still had the guts to tap me by the shoulder and tell me to get up.

She tugged my arm and led us outside when she saw me hesitate.

"What are you doing?" I whispered.

"Shhh," she shushed me.

"What is the meaning of this?" I was confused.

"Shut up! Stop stressing me out, I already have enough problems," her brows knitted, she led us outside.

She took a deep breath when we reached outside, "that was tough."

"Will you tell me what's going on?" I asked, getting irritated.

"Of course," she sarcastically smiled, "where should I start from?" She shrug. I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Stop beating around the bush," I firmly spoke, not breaking the eye contact.

"Fine. Fine," she stood straight.

"Should I start from the part where you slept with your step sister or the fact that she's pregnant?" She asked. I almost scoffed but then realized what she had just said.

"What?" My eyes widened.

"What did you just say?" I exclaimed.

"Exactly what you heard. You better fix this before it goes from bad to worse," she insisted.

-zylith-

I became worried when Judy suddenly stood up and took Zylan outside. She obviously told him about what was going on.

Mom and Daniel were about to exchange the rings and say the wedding vows. I prayed nothing would go wrong but my prayers are never answered, are they?

"Stop the wedding!" A man came through the door. I recognized him as Daniel's rivalry, Derek. He had a mischievous grin on his face.

Everyone looked behind, wondering what was going on.

"How can they get married when their kids have already done it for them?" He laughed.

Everyone's eyes averted to me. I gulped and looked at mom who stared at Derek with a confused look on her face.

"Turns out Zylan is going to be a father," he smirked, "the father of Zylith's baby."

Everyone gasped, eyes fixed on me. I wanted to run, I wanted to run so bad but I couldn't. It was almost like my feet were glued to the floor.

"Zylith!" Mom exclaimed. As if the whispers in the room weren't enough, the cameras started flashing. I didn't know what to do. Tears started streaming down my face as I stood there, glued in one spot.

Suddenly, someone covered my whole face with a blazer like cloth and stood besides me. All I could do was cry. The person wrapped a hand around my shoulder and forced me to walk.

"What a slut," I heard people snicker as I walked out. Even though I wasn't able to see a thing, I could tell that the person was certainly a guy.

He led me into a car and got in on the other side. I could hear a lot of drama going on in the background but all I could care about was leaving.

I sniffed as tears streamed down my face.

"You can remove it now Zylith."

That voice. It sounded so familiar. I slightly took it off and saw who it was. My sadness built up into anger.

"What are you doing?" I exclaimed.

"Stop the car. I want to get off!"

He said nothing to me the whole time as I protested. My crazy ass threatened to open the door and that's when he stopped. We were along the highway where cars were over speeding all the time.

"Zylith!" He got out of the car, following behind me.

"Get back into the car!" His deep voice sounded commanding.

I kept walking on the side walk without looking back. He grabbed my hand, pulling me backwards.

"Let go of me!" I cried.

"Stop it, get back into the car."

"Stop pretending like you care. You out of all people wouldn't care if at all I got hit by one of those cars," I pointed at the busy highway, tears blurring my vision.

"Of course I care!" He yelled, "I'm equally into this mess as you are."

"Just get away from me!" I tried to push him. He was a giant so there was no way I was succeeding.

"This is my burden alone. I'm the one carrying it not you. I'm the one society is going to blame not you!" I exclaimed, "so don't pretend to care. It doesn't concern you at all."

He pulled me into his arms, embracing me warmly. "That baby is equally mine. It's equally my responsibility and nothing of mine is a burden."

His choice of words surprised me. Just when I thought he was going to deny it all and leave me alone in this, he did the exact opposite.

He hugged me tighter as I cried. I thought about what mom would do. Worse off, grandma was involved this time. I was surely going to die. 

Thank you for taking the time to read my story. I hope you like it and please vote, comment and follow me. It will be greatly appreciated.