CHAPTER TEN

It had been two day after another set of drama unfolded. Zylith wasn't talking to Judy because she was blaming her for what happened.

Neither did she go back home. She was afraid of facing her mom after what happened. She didn't know what to expect.

She wanted to leave and go somewhere else but she had no access to her credit card. The only one who could help out was the person she despised the most at that time.

Zylan got a call to be at the company for an important meeting by Daniel's personal assistant.

"Going somewhere?" Zylith asked in a sleepy voice.

"Yeah some urgent work came up," he replied.

"Oh okay," she hesitantly nodded.

"Zylan. I want to tell you that I'll be leaving today," she informed.

"To where?" Zylan asked as his brows knitted whilst tying his tie.

"I'll be staying with Lucas until the issues are resolved," she replied.

"Lucas?" He raised his eyebrows, "why Lucas?" He asked. She looked down at her feet while playing with her fingers.

"I'm talking to you Zylith," he walked closer to her.

"To be honest," she started.

"I don't feel comfortable staying here. I would really love to leave," she hesitantly spoke. The room fell silent.

"Whenever I'm with you. All I think about is what our families must be going through because of our subtle actions. I'd rather live with Lucas and his family for the meantime," she added.

"That's your choice to make just don't hurt my baby," he spoke in an emotionless and firm voice, breaking the silence between them.

She nodded, eyes still fixed on the floor. He then left.

"Is the baby all he cares about?" She thought to herself as she watched him leave.

"Why do I even care," she shrug and went to get ready.

Zylan on the other hand, got to his car and hit the steering wheel out of anger and frustration.

His life was falling apart each coming day. From his reputation being ruined to his dad freezing his bank accounts.

As much as he didn't want Zylith to live with Lucas, he had no other option. He would soon run out of money and fail to sustain them both.

He run his fingers through his hair, pressing the start engine button.

Minutes later
He got to the office and met Daniel's personal assistant.

"What's going on?" He spoke on a serious note.

"The company's shareholders are starting to withdraw from our company. I tried calling your father but he didn't answer," she panicked.

"What! No, they can't do that," Zylan took out his phone to call his father. He wasn't ready to face him but the company was at stake.

"It's not up to us," his assistant shrug.

"Set a meeting with the major shareholders for 11 am I'll be back," Zylan hurried back to his car.

He received a text from Zylith as he was driving to the Adams mansion.

He pulled up at the front gate and got out, running into the house not getting a chance to read it.

"Good morning Mr. Adams," the butler greeted. Zylan nodded and then ran upstairs.

-Jessie-

I was in my room, doing my morning skincare routine when I heard a familiar voice.