CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

-Zylan-

I was amazed when we entered her room. It was themed pink and black with a tomboy feel to it. She helped me sit on her bed while she went to get a towel for me. The gaming setup on her desk caught my attention the most. How could a girl have a better setup than myself?

I looked around again and saw the photo collage on the wall beside her bed. Most of them had her, her mom, and her dad together. The one that caught my attention the most was one where she was in an orange one-piece swimsuit at the beach with Lucas beside her. They were smiling while looking at each other like a couple in love. I scoffed then looked away.

She came back with a towel and gray sweatpants.

"Here," she gave it to me.

"I can't change on my own."

She turned back to me and looked at me from head to toe, "let me call Benjamin," she got her phone and dialed his number.

"Seems like he is on another call. I will be right back," she turned around to leave.

"No, wait," I stopped her, "just help me get to the bathroom. I will do it myself."

"Okay," she nodded.

With great difficulty, I managed to get changed into the sweatpants. They were a bit too small for me but, nothing I couldn't handle for a few hours before I got home. I took off my jacket and just remained with the white shirt instead.

"My apologies once again," she said.

"It's alright," I shrug and looked at the gaming setup again.

"Did you design this room as well?" I asked.

"Yes," she proudly replied, "admiring my gaming setup right? Lucas loves it."

"It's not that bad," Initially, I wanted to say something good about her room but after hearing Lucas' name, I had nothing good to say at all.

Her smile dropped then she rolled her eyes at me.

"Are you an alkali?" she tilted her head at me.

"What's that suppose to mean?" I asked.

"You're always bitter for no reason," she scoffed.

"In fact, you should leave my room before you add negative vibes."

She took out her phone and made a call again.

"Yes," she spoke on the phone. I took the chance to look at her. The baby bump was slightly visible through the tight dress she was wearing.

"you don't have to pretend to be happy about this. Your reputation has been ruined because of me. Your wedding too and I'm sorry things had to turn out this way," I recalled her words in my mind.

"Why did you say that?" I asked, making her turn toward me.

"Say what?" she asked.

"You told them that their reputation is ruined because of you," she glanced at me, confused.

"What's that suppose to mean?" she asked.

"You always blame it on yourself. What about me?" I asked.

"Aren't I the one to blame?" she raised an eyebrow, "if I had been home that day, none of this would have happened."

"Men like you always sleep around with girls and no one blames you for it but," she narrowed her eyes at me, "a girl like me will be judged without second thoughts," she added.

"Yes," I agreed, "I sleep around with girls and I am proud of it but, the babies are still mine too," I glared at her. Her comment had somehow made me angry.