CHAPTER TWELVE

-Lucas-

I sat down on my office chair, recalling yesterday's events. The truth is, I have always liked Zylith but I don't think she felt the same way for me.

It did bother me that she was pregnant for someone else. That should have been me but, it didn't change the fact that I love her. As far as I was concerned, Zylan and Zylith couldn't be together.

"What is making you smile like that?" I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at the person before me.

"Huh?" I raised my brows.

"Dude. I have been sitting here and watching you smile like you are crazy, is everything alright?" my secretary who is also my very close friend asked.

"Don't tell me it's about that girl again," he rolled his eyes at me.

"It is about her, isn't it?" he narrowed his eyes at me.

"Yes it is! Now quit bugging me and stop calling me dude at the office. I'm your boss," I gathered the papers on my table.

"Boss," he sarcastically imitated, "you must be crazy to like someone who already has someone else in their life."

"I'm not crazy."

"And I know those two can't be together," I added.

"Really?" He raised an eyebrow at me, "what makes you say so?"

"She told me herself. Zylith can't be in love with Zylan when she knows he is the son of the man her mom loves," I replied.

"Don't let words deceive you," he stood up from his seat, "people who are in love usually don't know it until they feel it."

"Get out of my office mahn."

"You'll be shocked," he laughed, leaving my office. Weighing the amount of truth in his words made me angry. Whatever, it was still impossible for them to be together.

Hours Later

I got home from a usual stressful day and met Gina and mom in the living room fooling around.

"Good evening," mom greeted.

"Good evening," I went over and hugged her.

"Evening," Gina waved.

"Anything for me today?" Gina stretched her hand out.

"No. Maybe next time," I hid the gift bag behind my back, chuckling.

"Oh I see what's happening," Gina grinned, winking at me. I ignored her and went upstairs.

I knocked on Zylith's room three times and waited for her response. She answered with a 'come in' that sounded faint on the other side.

She was busy writing something when I walked in. She looked up and smiled at me. It was that beautiful smile, those beautiful eyes and that cute smile that drove me crazy for her.

"Hey. Good evening," she placed the diary down.

"Evening," I smiled, embracing her.

"What's this?" She asked as I gave her the gift bag.

"A little something for you," I smiled at her as I watched her pull out the box inside.

"Awwww," she beamed as she looked at the diamond pendant necklace in the box.

"This is so adorable and it has the shape of a snowflake," she hugged me, "thank you. Thank you. Thank you."

I wrapped my hands around her. The hug was warm and cozy. I didn't want to let go.