CHAPTER NINE

Just like that, Claire and Daniel's wedding was called off. They were all left in shame as everyone left. Derek smirked knowing he had succeeded in ruining the wedding and the Adams' reputation. The Williams were the least of his concern.

Claire and Daniel were led to the car by security to run away from the cameras that were snapping nonstop.

"I can't believe this," Claire shook her head in denial while Daniel sat quietly not knowing what to say. Eyes filled with rage.

"Zylan you scam bag!" Daniel bellowed.

-Zylan-

Zylith had cried for so long that her eyes became bloodshot red and swollen from all the crying and her makeup was now smeared on her face. I had to buy a bottle of water for her to wash her face.

My first option would have been to go to Benjamin's but his parents were around and they were there at the wedding. They obviously had the worst things to say about me now.

I had no other option than to take her to my ultimate hideout. It was the condo dad gave to me as my 18th birthday gift.

"You can use my room for tonight," I informed, "the bathroom already has everything you might need."

"Thanks but it's not necessary. You can keep your room, the couch is fine. I can handle it," she replied.

"Sorry for bothering you and thank you," she kept her head hung low.

"You're not bothering me Zylith. Stop saying that. Just go upstairs and freshen up," I sighed, rubbing the temple of my head. It took a lot of convincing to make her agree but it wasn't in vain.

-Zylith-

If it were up to me, I wouldn't have agreed to stay here for the night but, I had nowhere else to go. Going back home after everything was going to be a suicide mission. I just had to stay.

Unlike last time, he was surprisingly nice to me. He offered me his room and even allowed me to use his clothes if I had to.

I took a shower and wrapped a towel around my body as I contemplated whether or not to use his clothes.

My jaw dropped as I looked into his closet. It was the cleanest and most organized closet I had ever set my eyes on. Everything unfortunately was too long or too big for me. I had no choice but to wear a plain black t-shirt that looked like a dress on me.

There were even new spare boxers in his room, and new toothbrushes in his bathroom. It seemed like he didn't stay at the condo often though.

He knocked on the door making me jump back in fear. I turned my head towards the door waiting for him to say something.

"I forgot to get my clothes," he informed.

"Oh," I quickly put on a robe, "you can come in."

"Is he trying to seduce me or something?" I thought to myself as he walked in with only a towel wrapped around his waist. I looked anywhere but at him. The tension I felt is so unexplainable.

He got gray sweatpants and a black long-sleeved shirt.

"I ordered food for you. You should eat it before it gets cold," he informed. I cleared my throat and nodded, getting a glimpse of the water dripping down his muscular shoulders from his wet hair. 

I slowly opened the bedroom door and went to the kitchen. I pulled a chair out and sat down at the kitchen counter.

I heard the sound of the tv turning on while I was eating. I slightly turned back and saw that it was Zylan sitting on the couch, trying the tv.

Eating there was so uncomfortable because the kitchen was directly opposite the living room.

The tv finally came on and the only channels that were open were the news channels. Seems like the subscription wasn't paid for.

"A dramatic day today at the wedding ceremony of Mr. Daniel Adams," The news reporter read it aloud. Making each word very audible.

I stopped eating and stood up altogether. My jaw dropped when I saw a video of myself standing near the altar failing to say a word and Zylan coming to cover my face with his jacket, ignoring the crowd of reporters wanting to ask me questions.

He switched off the tv in a swift motion when he noticed my presence in the room.

I looked away, clenching my fist, trying hard not to cry.

"Zylith," he called my name, getting up from the couch.

"I'm fine," I held my hand up to stop him from coming any closer.

"I'm alright," I went back to the kitchen and put the leftovers in the fridge. I went over to the sink and placed the plate inside the sink bowl.

Tears threatened to fall out of my eyes as I washed the plate. All my problems matched back into my mind one by one after seeing that. I didn't have my phone at the time but knew that there were already many articles published about us.

"Maybe I am a burden," I thought to myself, a tear escaping from my eyes.

"Zylith," a voice startled me. Knowing who it was, I didn't bother looking back. People seeing me in a miserable state was my biggest pet peeve.

He came closer to me and glanced at me before I looked away.

"Don't look at me."

"I have seen you cry uglier than that," he leaned against the kitchen counter.

"Are you saying that I cry ugly?" I turned to him, wiping my tears.

"Absolutely," he nodded.

"Liar. Many guys have told me that I cry like an angel. Girls too," I scoffed, drying my hands.

"Oh no. They lied," he shook his head. I rolled my eyes and left the kitchen.

"Boys and girls like me. They say I am the hottest black baddie they have ever seen," I pouted.

-Zylan-

Zylith was such a strange girl. That amazed me. I mean, who goes from seriously crying to arguing like a sassy princess?

I chuckled, watching her go upstairs while mumbling something to herself. She slammed the door shut then opened it again.

"Goodnight pride bucket and thank you for the accommodation," she shut it again leaving me awestruck. I don't know if what surprised me the most was her strangeness or the nickname she called me.

Thank you for reading( ꈍᴗꈍ)!
Don't forget to
*Vote
*Comment (optional)
*Follow me for update notifications & for future stories. Your support is very much appreciated.