CHAPTER THIRTEEN

-Zylith-

I got up early and took a shower. I had to be in time for the visiting hour. Lucas was going to drive me to the hospital.

"Do you really have to visit him though?" He rolled his eyes as he started driving.

"Of course," I replied.

"Why do you feel obligated to?" He asked.

"Because," I stopped and thought about it. Why was I doing it for real?

"Because I'm returning a favor," I finally found the right reply.

"There's nothing like a favor to return Zylith. You're just being too nice for nothing," he pointed out.

"Bitch why you getting all cranky about this?" I raised an eyebrow, my hood accent kicking in.

"I'm not being cranky. I'm just saying," he sighed, "Zylan has a family. They can take care of him. There's no need for you to go."

I didn't reply. I knew our argument would go on forever.

"Oh and now you're not talking?" He snapped.

"Ghosh Lucas stop talking you're becoming irritating," I mumbled, looking away.

"Now I'm irritating?" He dramatically asked.

"Dude are you going to drive or I should do it for you?" I asked, irritated. He looked at me then back at the road.

"Ghosh Lucas stop talking you're becoming irritating," he imitated me in a squeaky tone.

"Lucas," I glared at him as he continued talking.

"I swear. I'll shut you up if you can't do it yourself," I snapped, my temper going from zero to hundred in an instance.

"Really?" He pulled up and scoffed, "shut me up then!"

"What can you do?" He rolled his eyes at me.

"I'll choke you," I threatened, moving an inch closer to him.

"Dominance...I like that. Make sure you choke me hard," he smirked. I leaned back realizing what he meant.

"Ewww Lucas," I hit him on the shoulder. He laughed and started the engine again, getting back on the road.

"Wait, why are you using this route though?" I asked.

"Because I want you to miss the visiting hour," he replied, grinning.

"You jerk," I rolled my eyes at him and looked outside of the car window.

"I'll still get in anyway," I added.

Moments Later
We got to the hospital. He indeed made me late but, getting in wasn't a problem. My grandma held a prestigious spot at the hospital so I had the upper hand in everything there.

"See I told you I would still get in," I smirked at Lucas.

"Corruption," he joked, intertwining our hands as we walked. I laughed.

We got to the room. He was still asleep. He slowly opened his eyes as he heard the door slam shut.

"Oh," Lucas let go of the door, "sorry I didn't mean to wake you."

I glared at him knowing he did it on purpose. Zylan just stared at us without saying a word.

"Better today?" I asked. He nodded.

"It would be nice if you used words," Lucas sarcastically smiled.

"Lucas," I glared at him.

"What?" He shrugged. I chose to ignore him.