CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

She looked out the window and saw nothing but grass and trees. Granted, it was nice and serene out there. There were yellow wildflowers littering the land, and the breeze was perfectly warm.

"It's beautiful no lie but, why did he bring me here?" she asked herself.

"What are we going to do here?" she asked as she got out of the car.

"We are going to take a walk first," he informed.

"Did you bring me here for exercises?" she groaned.

"Yes, you need it for your fuzzy mindset to go away," he teased.

"Who said I'm fuzzy?" she pouted, walking behind him. They both stayed quiet for most of the walk except for Zylan's rude remarks about Zylith being too slow.

"I am beginning to understand why he likes this seemingly random place, it's so quiet. I could stay here forever as long as I bring a book with me," she thought to herself.

A few minutes later, they emerge from the woods to a river. It was quite big and pretty deep. Zylan didn't say anything as he pulled his shirt over his head then bent down to untie his laces.

"Why are you undressing?" She asked.

"Don't tell me that you're going to swim in that," she pointed at the water.

"I do it all the time," he replied with a smile, unbuttoning his pants and she had to force herself not to stare at the way his muscles in the back moved when he bent down to pull his pants through his legs.

"And you're going to too," he added.

"No way I'm swimming in that," she shook her head.

"Why is that? The water is clean and clear. You can even see the bottom."

"So...there's probably something dangerous in there. A shark maybe. Or even a snake. I don't have anything to swim in anyway," she made excuses.

"You're not wearing a bra and panties?" He smirked, making her gape at him.

"This is illegal. It's a felony," she thought to herself as she thought of what would happen if she got into the water.

"I'm not swimming in my bra and panties you creep," she sat on the soft grass instead, "I'll just watch." He frowned at her.

He is now in his boxers, the black material tight against his body. That was the second time she had seen him in just his boxers and in her opinion, he looked better this time. Maybe because it was daylight and she wasn't drunk.

"You're no fun. You're missing out," he jumped into the water. She kept her eyes on the grass and plucked a few blades out, playing with them between her fingers.

"The water is warm Zylith," he called from the river. From her spot on the grass, she could see the drops of water falling on his black hair. He was smiling as he pushed his soaked hair back and wiped the water off his face with one hand.

For a moment, she found herself wishing she was in the water with him.

"At least put your feet in the water. It feels amazing and pretty soon it will be too cold to swim in."

She finally gave in and took off her shoes, slowly putting her feet into the water and he was right. The water really was warm.

"It's nice, isn't it?" He asked and she nodded, wiggling her toes.

"Just come in."

She shook her head and he splashed her with the water. She scowled at him, scooting back.