CHAPTER SIXTEEN

She stood at the altar in a beautiful dress looking at the person who would soon become her husband. You could tell that she was very happy with the smile on her face. "You may kiss the bride," the priest announced. She blushed and got shy as he leaned in closer to her.

Claire woke up in bed, sobbing staring at the empty space beside her. In reality, her husband, Zylith's father, died years ago.

"Mom are you alright?" Zylith walked into her mom's room, concern visible in her eyes. She quickly walked toward her mom and embraced her.

"I had a dream about your father," she cried. Zylith was confused. How could her mom dream about him after so long?

"I miss him."

"Did I trigger it?" she thought to herself.

"It's alright mom. It was just a dream," she consoled. No matter how hard she tried to hide the emotions, her voice still trembled while she consoled her mom. It was impossible to miss the miserable look on her mom's face. It reminded her of the days after he passed away. It reminded her of how miserable her mom had become.

"It's alright mom," she struggled to speak, "I am here with you and dad will always be here with us in spirit."

She somehow managed to calm her mom down. After a while, Zylith went to her room and burst into tears. She blamed herself for being the reason why her mom was in a sorrowful state. She covered her mouth with her hand to prevent the crying sounds from being heard.

"I regret everything," she sobbed, "I wish all this was just a bad dream."

For the following days, Zylith tried her best to act like everything was fine when in fact it wasn't. The sound of her mom sobbing could constantly replay in her mind. It disturbed her a lot and it was becoming hard to pretend.

2 Days Later

-Zylith-

I woke up late than usual because I had insomnia the previous night. Riley had to come and knocked on my bedroom door to wake me up.

"Zylith, breakfast is ready!"

Still in my pajamas, I lazily got out of bed, brushed my teeth, and washed my face before making my way down the stairs. I was too tired to change, so I went the way I was since it was my house.

"Morning mom," I greeted, taking a seat besides her.

"Morning Hunny," she smiled.

"You look happy today," I stared at her, "what's the occasion?"

"Being happy doesn't always require an occasion. Sometimes, you just need to make

yourself happy."

"True," I nodded, taking a sip of orange juice.

'Zylith," my mom's expression changed, "how many times have I scolded you for drinking cold things in the morning?"

"Sorry it won't happen again," I grinned, taking another sip. She smacked me on my head.

"Ah mom," I complained.

"Anyway, I want to talk to you about something," mom sighed.

"Yes, what is it?" I asked.

"Zylith," she turned to me, "I have noticed that you haven't been yourself since I had that dream," she bit her lip.

"Whaaat," I awkwardly laughed, "Nah that's not true I just haven't been feeling too well," I tried to deny.

"Zylith, I am your mom, I know how you feel," she placed her hand on my shoulder as if she was comforting someone who recently lost her husband.

"Which is why I have decided to invite Daniel and his family over for dinner," she added.