CHAPTER THREE

It had been three weeks after the incident. Zylith had somehow persuaded her mom into forgiving her and not telling her grandma. She feared her more than her mom. She was quite a tough woman to crack.

"Good morning mom," she greeted as she entered the house, panting from all the workouts she had done that morning.

"Morning," her mom lazily answered.

"Are you going for work today?" Zylith hesitantly asked.

"Yes I am, why?" Her mom looked at her with sleepy eyes.

"I'm asking for one of your cars," she went straight to the point. She earned a stare from her mom obviously wanting her to elaborate more on what she had said.

"I want to go shopping and carrying the things will be a struggle," she explained.

"Sure. Take the range Rover," she agreed.

Zylith smiled out of excitement and was about to head upstairs when her mom said, "take care of her, I shouldn't see any dent or scratch on her."

"Don't worry mom it's perfectly safe with me," she assured her mom and went to get ready.

*A while later*

Zylith's mom had left for work already by the time she was done getting ready. She called Judy to inform her that she would be starting off.

She started off immediately after ending the call. The ride to Judy's place was quick since they lived close to each other.

Judy continuosly asked her about the guy from three weeks ago as they were on their way to the mall.

"Bitch you sure you didn't get his number or anything?"

"I didn't. I don't even remember shit not even his face," she lied. She didn't want to talk about what happened that night. It felt sinful just thinking about it. It was so unlike her. Her being a Christian seemed to make matters worse.

They got to the mall and got off. Zylith locked the car before they went in.

They had so much fun buying unnecessary and quite expensive stuff. It was as if wasting money was their hobby.

Zylith was trying on a dress when her phone buzzed. She picked it up from a chair and saw that it was her mom.

"Who is it?" Judy asked.

"It's mom," she replied, picking it up.

OTC

"Yes mom?"

"Hey hunny," she greeted her with the word she hadn't used in a while.

"I hope you're enjoying your shopping spree," she said.

"Of course I am. Thanks for letting me take your car," she replied.

"No problem. What's mine is yours," she could tell that her mom had something to ask her about. She always became nice when she wanted something.

"Sure," Zylith nonchalantly replied.

"Do you need more money?" Her mom asked, taking Zylith by surprise. She was sure that her mom had something to say.

"Mom. What is it? What do you want to say?" She asked. "Just say whatever you want to say."

There was some silence for a while before she responded.

"How about we go out for dinner tonight?" Her mom finally responded.

"Dinner? Uhmm...sure that's actually a good idea," Zylith replied.