Chapter 54: Childhood Memories

Is this considered a marriage proposal?

Jiyeon's mind went blank. She hadn’t expected it, and her whole body stiffened as she stayed silent. Only her eyes started reddening and the tears started streaming down her face.

Landing exactly on Hyunjung's face.

Quickly, she looked up at her. This person was originally still a little upset over her house not being her home, and she was on the verge of tears because she didn’t want to stay there. Until she saw her girlfriend crying. Hyunjung paused, her heart aching.

She sniffed and forced her tears back. Not waiting for a reply from Jiyeon, she leaned forward and hugged her, patting her back and saying gently: “Don’t cry……”

Her voice was particularly tender, as were her actions and expression. She would kiss her lightly, then rub her back from time to time.

She seemed quite lucid, making Jiyeon wonder if she had sobered up. She was just about to speak when Hyunjung sat up straight, searching for something as if she had suddenly had a thought. She finally picked up Jiyeon’s phone from the bedside table and passed it to her, mumbling: “Don’t cry, don’t worry. I’ll treat you well in the future……”

“If you don’t believe me, you can record a video!”

She was the one to suggest taking a video for evidence. Aren’t you worried you’ll be so embarrassed when you watch it after you sober up?

She wanted to laugh, and her heart slowly lightened as she took the phone and started recording. She aimed the camera at Hyunjung and held her breath as she waited to hear what this person would say.

Who knew that there wouldn’t be a sound for a long time after that? After asking, it turns out this crybaby was waiting for Jiyeon to say “start”.

Jiyeon didn’t know whether to laugh or cry, hastily nodding and telling her to start.

She finally opened her mouth. She looked incredibly nervous, almost like that time when she had the love letter and was about to confess.

Indeed, the first thing out of her mouth was: “Miss Kim Jiyeon……”

Hearing that, her eyes curved up as she smiled. But she nodded at every sentence to play along.

Hyunjung talked about who would cook, who would do the dishes, who would give in when they argue, and who would control the finances in the family……

She didn’t stammer or have to stop to think at all. How long ago must she have started thinking about this?

Jiyeon felt moved, her eyes prickling with tears. After that, a warmth spread through her heart. This crybaby liked her.

She was meticulous in everything, being considerate of her no matter what. Her whole heart was on Jiyeon.

Such a great person, how could Jiyeon not like her? While she was thinking about it, the crybaby finally finished speaking. Her face was flushed pink and she looked at her girlfriend shyly before asking again sincerely: “Will you marry me?”

Once she finished her sentence, she saw Jiyeon nodding in agreement, smiling, and drawing closer to place their foreheads together.