Chapter 21: You're looking down on me too much

She didn’t sleep all that much that night.

The next morning, Jiyeon got up before the alarm even went off.

She felt a little dizzy and ran to the bathroom to look in the mirror. This was the first time she had such dark eye circles.

“. . . . . .”

After washing her face, she sat down in front of her makeup mirror, quickly applied concealer and foundation, then put on light makeup to hide her bad complexion.

Now there should be no difference compared to her usual look.

Nobody would be able to tell that her current state was horrible.

She then sighed helplessly, exhausted both physically and mentally. Her mind was also in an uproar, the words “I don’t want to go to work” floating around back and forth.

For a few seconds, she sat there silently in her chair in a daze. Jiyeon shook her head and finally stood up, adjusted her clothes, and went downstairs with her bag.

In the adult world, what’s the use of trying to escape?

Yoo Yeonjung was powerful and President Wang was powerful. To not cause trouble for Hyunjung, she never thought of mentioning a word to this person.

She’s just an intern in the end. Even if she couldn’t last at KeRui, there were still other places.

But this didn’t mean she’d compromise easily.

She wanted to endure until the last moment, disgust Yeonjung to the last second.

She came out a little late today.

There was more traffic on the road than usual. She was almost going to be late.

She hurriedly took out her phone to clock in, and just as she was about to walk to her desk and sit down, she suddenly caught a glimpse of Yeonjung’s unusual expression.

Her normal triumphant and cocky look was gone, replaced by a dust-gray face.

What could she be thinking?

She looked kind of strange.

She glanced at her, then sat down and turned the computer on before getting up again to get a cup of water from the break room.

As soon as she stood up, Chengxiao suddenly walked behind her at some point, stretching her hand out and tugging her.

“Let’s go together,” she said, a wide smile on her face.

She seemed very happy, perhaps she signed another big order.

Jiyeon put in the effort to smile, then nodded and went to the break room with her.

“. . . . . .”

The water dispenser was still heating up, so she couldn’t fill her cup yet.

She stood in place with the cup in her hand while waiting in a daze. She was thinking random thoughts when Chengxiao suddenly moved closer in her direction.