Chapter 42: Chatting under the blanket

Close to the end of the workday, Jiyeon received a message from a certain Hyunddong.

She had been hard at work the whole day, attending meetings, solving problems, all the way until she finally got a break now.

After signing the last document, Hyunjung quickly opened kakaotalk to send a message to her girlfriend.

She had originally wanted to ask for comfort, but her pride wouldn’t let her say it out, so after a moment of deliberation, the message became——

"Are you hungry?"

After thinking for so long, this was what she came up with.

Jiyeon couldn’t hold back a snort of laughter, an image of a conflicted and embarrassed Hyunjung floating in her mind.

She quickly guessed that this person was probably tired and wanted to whine and seek comfort from her, but just didn’t know how to say it, so she could only ask this question out of the blue.

Maybe she wanted to meet for a meal.

Thinking about it, she replied: “Yeah, I’m a little hungry. How is my girlfriend so awesome, being able to figure it out?

Afraid that Hyunjung would be too embarrassed to ask, she sent another message: “How about we have a meal together after work.”

She was taking the initiative.

Seeing this message, Hyunjung immediately felt overjoyed, agreeing and putting on a cool front over kakao, telling her to choose whatever she wanted for dinner and she was going to pay for it.

She then went to Twitter and posted an update——

"It’s so good having a girlfriend qaq" 【A Ji lying flat.jpg】

Jiyeon wanted to laugh after seeing it.

“……” 

It was a cloudy night sky, with a strong breeze. Perhaps it was going to rain, it felt colder than normal.

After considering, Jiyeon decided to have a hotpot with her. After all, not only was it delicious, the atmosphere would be great too.

It was especially suitable for having a meal with someone you liked.

Jiyeon quickly suggested it to Hyunjung, who didn’t have any objections. After work, she drove her Maserati and started looking for a hotpot shop with her.

Finally, they decided on a shop that had pretty good decor and ambiance.

The servers were also enthusiastic, serving food quickly. The two of them had only sat down for a while when the double-flavored pot was brought to their table.

One half had a tomato broth, while the other half had a mala soup base.

Hyunjung wasn’t someone who could eat spicy food.

Jiyeon had eaten with her a few times and never saw her take the initiative to order anything spicy. Even for dishes like stir-fried beef with peppers, she would need an accompanying drink to alleviate the spice.