Chapter 9: So, they're . . . height-increasing insoles

Sewing the president’s movements, Jiyeon was dumbstruck.

She only noticed Hyunjung hiding her phone, and thought that the reason why she moved so far was to avoid her. She didn’t realize there was a deeper meaning to it!

Did she want her to lie down on the same bed?!

Are you kidding me!

“No way, no way.” She shook her head and stepped back instinctively. “It’s not appropriate to sleep on your bed my first time here.”

“Besides, I also move around in my sleep. It’ll be bad if I affect your sleep.”

“. . . . . .”

She said a lot, but they were all excuses.

For one, she was embarrassed, and two, she was afraid that when Hyunjung regained consciousness tomorrow morning, she’d kill her.

Jiyeon’s desire of refusal was obvious.

Seeing that she didn’t come up after patting the bed so many times and then hearing those words, Hyunjung pondered for a while before reacting.

At first, she was taken aback, and then she slowly retracted her hand reluctantly. The corners of her lips lowered, her head hung down, and her eyes also reddened.

She put on an expression that said she could start crying at any time again.

Jiyeon: “. . . . . .”

Normally, she always pretended to be so fierce, her body always covered with an air of seriousness, her eyes emotionless, and her tone cold. She was really unapproachable.

Despite knowing her true character, Jiyeon still didn’t dare take a further look at her, so at this moment, it was the first time she ever looked for so long.

The President was indeed very beautiful.

Her eyelashes were very long, her skin as white as snow, and her jet-black hair was draped casually over her shoulders, a few strands slightly curled after been pressed on when she laid down previously.

Her cheeks were also slightly flushed from drunkenness. There was no presence of the superior figure she always assumed. All that was left was her most natural state as a crybaby.

She was . . . really hard to refuse.

Jiyeon stared at her for a long time and in the end, she gave up.

If I die, then I die.

She sighed and finally thickened her skin and sat on the bed.

She kept her patience as she talked to the drunk Kim Hyunjung, telling her to not roll to her side at night, to not cry and make trouble anymore, and that if she felt uncomfortable to immediately speak.

Hyunjung nodded in response. She looked very well-behaved and was abnormally easy to talk to.

She was relieved, then turned off the light and laid down stiffly, only daring to sleep on the edge of the bed.

As she formed her plan to slip away after her boss fell asleep, she glanced up, and suddenly noticed Hyunjung sit up in the dark.