Chapter 10: Only kids would like it

The President was definitely holding a grudge.

Jiyeon thought as she stared at her boss, who drove the car silently. She then let out a sigh.

She was acting like an immature child and wouldn’t speak to her anymore.

“. . . . . .”

It was still early out, so there were’t many pedestrians outside. Before long, they arrived at the company.

Remembering that Jiyeon hadn’t eaten breakfast yet, Hyunjung didn’t stop immediately, but rather turned a corner before leaving her at the entrance of the cafeteria.

“You can go now,” she said, her voice hard, “There’s still food in the cafeteria. Eat first then go upstairs.”

“What about you, President Kim?,” Jiyeon immediately asked.

“I have something to do, so I won’t be coming with you.” After that, she started the car and soon disappeared from her vision like a plume of smoke.

She was the one who cried for her to not leave last night, and now she was still the one who ran away in a hurry.

She stared at the direction she disappeared in for a moment, then, without any other choice, entered the cafeteria.

In the past, she always came out late, where she either brought breakfast from home or bought it at some nearby shop. She had never went to the cafeteria before and thought that there probably wouldn’t be many people at this time.

But she was wrong. There was a surprising amount of people.

It was nearing the end of the month, so there were many things to be dealt with in the company. Every department was holding their breath, and whether it was concluding data or rushing to achieve the sales target, when there was too much work, it wasn’t uncommon for some to stay at the company overnight.

As she got her food, she looked around and suddenly felt a mix of emotions.

After that, for some reason, she remembered the scene where Hyunjung responded to emails this morning.

As the president of the Foreign Trade Department, she was probably even busier, having to go on endless business trips and endless meetings with customers.

But she was really only a girl that was a couple of years older than her. And was even a crybaby . . .

Jiyeon shook her head, realizing she was thinking too much again.

As she thought,  Luda suddenly sent a message asking her if she wanted to hang out at the bar tonight.

She contemplated for a moment, then responded: “I think I’ll pass. I’m a bit busy these days.”

Luda didn’t give up, and continued to persuade her: “You won’t go even if there were pretty ladies?”

Jiyeon: “Yes, I’m not going.”

Not expecting to be refused so directly, Luda was taken aback on the other side and quickly responded.

“Jiyeon, as someone with an appearance complex, there’s something wrong with you these days . . .”