Chapter 39: The Confession

A few words floated into Jiyeon's mind after she sent out the reply——

She had been too aggressive.

After all, Twitter was considered the last private place for Hyunjung. If she found out that someone had been keeping tabs on it for so long, there was no telling how badly she would cry.

And if she knew who that someone was……

Jiyeon coughed dryly, various dangerous thoughts surfacing in her mind.

Shivering subconsciously, it took a while for her to finally calm down.

She sighed unhappily.

There was nothing she could do.

She had confessed, that she had kissed her, but this crybaby didn’t have any reaction aside from crying and complaining on Twitter.

And when she did react, she was jumping back and forth on whether to believe Jiyeon or not.

Something had to be done to…… force the issue.

Shaking her head, she thought, she had said it anyway. Someone who likes Twitter as much as Hyunjung would see it eventually.

It would be better to take this time to figure out a solution.

Jiyeon then folded her legs and sat cross-legged on the bed with that intention.

Thinking of a solution frantically while waiting for a reply.

That was how she spent the day until it was late in the day.

The reply never came, but Hyunjung returned first.

The walkway that had been silent for a while now finally had some semblance of noise, with footsteps drawing closer and closer, before stopping outside her door.

After a short pause, there was the sound of knocking on her door.

Her heart jumped in tandem with the knocks.

“Who is it?” She asked in a quiet voice.

There was silence from the other end for a while, before a soft “me” floated back.

It was clear that the person was trying to speak softly.

This was the voice that her boss used whenever she was angry or shy.

The only problem was that Jiyeon didn’t know if she was angry or shy at this moment.

Time to face the reality.

She sighed and got up, running over to open the door.

She had already made mental preparations to face Hyunjung's anger, but when the door opened, the first thing she saw wasn’t Hyunjung's face, but a whole bunch of snacks and candy.

Chocolate, puffs, potato chips, biscuits, and all sorts of random snacks in a big bag.

It was so big it covered her boss's face.