Chapter 31: She screwed up

Jiyeon had been researching attentively.

Upon hearing Hyunjung say she was going to buy another box, she turn around to stop her. Hyunjung is holding a piece of chocolate and looking at her intently.
She had a nervous look, her eyes gleaming, full of anticipation and excitement. Like a child sharing their favorite candy with friends.
As she watched her, her heart inadvertently skipped a beat.

Don’t you know how intimate it is for grown adults to feed each other?

Just how slow are you ah!

She let out a dry cough, the roots of her ears reddening. She wanted to raise her hand and take the piece of chocolate, but as though unable to control her body, something drove her to move forward.

Looking at Hyunjung's face, she lowered her head and carefully took the chocolate from Hyunjung's hand with her mouth.

It was strawberry-filled chocolate, carrying a mellow milky taste as it spread in her mouth, sweet but not overly thick.

It was the best chocolate she had ever eaten.

“Is it okay?” Hyunjung asked when she saw her eat it.

“It tastes good.” Jiyeon quickly gave a thumbs up. “Good.”

No one didn’t like being praised.

Hyunjung lips raised silently. Her previously nervous expression disappeared, and her eyes were full of delight.

“I told you it tasted good,” she let out a light “Hmph”, raising her hand to grab the stack of Zongzi leaves before fiddling with them in her hand, “It’ll taste even better after putting it inside the Zongzi.”

That’s not necessarily true . . .

Jiyeon commented in her heart. She smiled and nodded in affirmation, then continued to study the method for making chocolate stuffed Zongzi.

The atmosphere soon quieted down, neither of them speaking anymore.

But there weren’t any feelings of boredom. Even if they simply stood together, Jiyeon soon felt peaceful; it was pleasant.

This was probably . . . the feeling of being at ease.

She kept on feeling as though because of Hyunjung's arrival, her small rental house had become a little more home-like.

It was as though suddenly having the addition of the warmth that belonged to a home.

Hyunjung had never cooked before and at most only knew how to make instant foods. She had been holding onto the Zongzi leaves for a while now but still couldn’t even form the shape.

Jiyeon watched her awkwardly struggle, wanting to laugh.

The corners of her mouth curled, but in the end, afraid of breaking the president's confidence, she restrained it.

Glancing at Hyunjung, she said softly, “President Kim, let me try and make one first.”

“It’s been many years since I last made one,” she said, “I don’t know if my hands are still familiar with the process.”

The President Is A Crybabyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें