62 | REELING THE PAST: Part-1

Anyone who saw me sneak around Ron's house would think I had lost my marbles. I couldn't blame them. So what was I doing there? Did I feel too obliged to say thank you for saving my ass the night before? Nope. I was here to set our record straight. Ron can't clear the slate with his one coincidental act of kindness. I sighed as I stood near the front door. Should I knock? There was no damn doorbell. Did Mrs. Reagan not fix it ever since the high school freaks came and broke it? That was about six years ago, quite fair of a presumptive guess.

I knocked on the door, but it came out as a rather dull thud. No response. When I did it again, the door creaked open. Wow. That felt like Deja Vu. I entered with peeping toes, taking in the details as I entered the hallway.

"Is someone home?" I squeaked, and I got no response. Just what sort of people leave their house like this? Fucking annoying! Here I thought Ron was the only half-headed Reagan.

I took the stairs and climbed up when I heard a voice. I walked closer to the room. Hoping there would be someone. Maybe Mr.Reagan. When I neared the last room in the corridor, the voices became apparent- loud moans, the constant thumping of bed, and giggles. Oh my god, was a serial killer on run? Was the entire Reagan family held, hostage? I got my forehead covered in sweat, and my palms turned shaky.

When I reached for the knob, it turned, and I knew it was not locked either. Rival or not, no one deserves to die in the hands of a criminal. I mumbled my prayers and opened the door.

Ron pressed himself against a woman. Her head fell back as he pushed her with his body weight. Her fingers raked his bare back, and he was cursing the hell out. My eyes fell to the woman. She was aware of my presence, and all her joy vanished from the sight. I was petrified.

"What the hell are you doing here, Evangeline?" My mom said, pushing Ron to a side as his eyes turned to me, and he mouthed a 'holy shit'.

What the fuck?

Ron rushed to grab his boxers as if I was interested in watching his dick. Asshole. But watching Ron naked was the least of my concerns. Why was my mom grinding against this full-of-himself-jerk? I felt hurt. What would dad do if he was here? He would be hurt, so hurt. My eyes stung, and before I knew what I was doing, I charged at Ron, landing a punch in his eye.

"What the fuck, Mellon?" Ron asked, a little surprised by the assault.

"Get your bloody dick away from my mother," I said, looking him in the eye as he stared at me a little scared, and then his lips curved into a smirk.

"You're jealous, aren't you?" He said. The audacity of this asshole!

"Asymmetrical boobs," Ron whispered, and I pushed him against the wall. Fucker! He had ruined high school for me, and now he was having a fling with my mom? Aware of my movements, he dodged my arm and pinned me against the wall.

"Leave my daughter alone, Ron." My mom said, and I didn't know it could get any more pathetic.

"Whatever you say, Jeanette." He said, letting go of me as I took turns glaring at Ron and my mom.

In this world of seven million others, she got this jerk?

"Don't you dare take my mom's name!" I said, gritting my teeth at him so hard that I could feel the blood oozing out of my lips.

"I would have, but you should hear her moan mine! Ugh!" He said, groaning lewdly.

"Enough! Get the hell out of here, Eva. And you get dressed. I don't feel like doing this anymore." She said, taking a moment to stare at me and then slapping Ron's back. Amusingly, he doesn't spur nonsense and do as he is told.

I can't believe my mom has this asshole wrapped around her fingers.

"I told you to leave, Eva!" She yelled, and my attention shifted back to her.

"You're the one who should leave!" I yelled back, and she glared at me.

"I didn't raise you to be this disobedient!" She said, looking hurt. What a load of bull-!

Look, 'who' was going to play the I-didn't-raise-you-to card again?

"Quite literally, you didn't even raise me! It was Martha! Where were you when I cried back home from school because of this douchebag and his friends?" I said, and she flinched.

"How dare you use that tone with me, Eva?" She said, her hand raised enough as I closed my eyes, expecting to feel it hard against my cheek. But surprisingly, it doesn't. When I open my eyes, Ron's holding her arm and looking at her sympathetically as he mouthed a 'Don't'!

To my amazement, she recoiled. Breaking into tears as Ron consoled her. That was enough. I hit the stairs on my way back, punching the wall so hard that I didn't realize I was to develop a fracture. Why are you fucking with me, lord? I looked at Reagans' ceiling, expecting God to respond for once. But he doesn't. No one does.

I closed my eyes, fighting the tears, as I ran down the street when my phone beeped.

You have ONE new notification from an unknown number.

Unknown: Hi! It's me, Amanda.

Unknown: Will told me you are in Seattle. I thought I would catch up with you.

Unknown: Meet at Ken's Pizza at 9 am.

Oh God, what does She-devil want from me now? As if my day could not get ruined enough. I looked at my phone, so 9 am was in ten minutes, and Ken's Pizza was just around the block. What a fucking coincidence.

I brought a strip of Advils from the pharmacy opposite Ken's before I walked into the diner. God knows when I will need them next. Disturbing images of Ron and Mom play in my head, and I run my hand across my head. What the fuck is wrong with my life?

I saw an eloquently dressed Amanda on the third table, fixing her lipstick as my face dropped to see the company she had. Grey eyes. Fuck. What was he doing here? If I back out right now, will it count? Too late, Will approached me as I balanced the pros and cons of the moment. Was I officially doomed? I wondered.

 Was I officially doomed? I wondered