46| HOOKED

"She's moving. Hold her still." An older lady said.

I stare at them, but my vision is a little blurry. My head hurt a lot, and the lights cut in my eyes. My lungs felt heavy. I couldn't breathe.

"Give anesthesia to the patient. We have to operate soon." Another voice added.

So many voices. Ugh, my head hurts!

The man in  OT gown wandered around the length of the room, and someone sat me up straight. The angle lessens the light cutting in.

Trays of glass bottles and needles lie on the side tables, and the ER machine is veined with my body. I laid bare, and a roomful of nurses lined up together.

Where am I?

"But her husband is still unconscious. We don't know any of their family." The older lady arranged a syringe, sucking up the solution from the vial.

"We will lose her if we don't operate now. There's enough blood loss already."

The voice affirmed.

"I am her husband!" A man entered the room, and all eyes averted to him.

In the distance, I saw Will. Looking at him made me uneasy, and I was drowning in pain. My head throbbed erratically, and I shut my eyes tight.

"I am not his wife!" I mumbled.

"Wake up, Eva!" Will's voice echoed in my ears.

I felt my cheeks wet. Was it raining? I moved my eyes to see the sky; instead, Will's grey eyes caught my sight, and his nose felt close to mine. The tears fell, leaving a salty tinge on my lips as they cascaded.

His clothes soaked in rainwater, and mine was too. The drizzle died and a few puddles formed on the streets. Numerous vehicles passed by while I lay clueless, staring at Will.

No more voices. No more lights. When I opened my eyes, all I could make out was Will.

"What's happening? What are you doing here? Where am I?" I asked.

"One question at a time, woman." He chuckled. His gaze changed from scared to relieved in a second. His free arm wiped the tears off his face. Fuck. It was a nightmare.

I tried moving and found myself positioned on Will's lap, and the streetlights lit our faces. His shirt had specks of blood which I suspected wasn't his own. I looked around and found the streets crowded with motor vehicles, the sounds of a blaring horn, and the siren of police cars.

 I was lying on Will's lap on the sidewalk of Fordshire street. Amazing!

"Okay, I know where I am, so tell me, what are you doing here?" I asked.

"Saving you. You fainted in the middle of the road." Will said worriedly.

"Of course! It's not like I was told some insensitive, dishonest prick was my husband. That's normal." I rolled my eyes.

"Ouch. That hurts, wifey." Will mocked.

I was shocked at the amount of sarcasm both of us could afford, looking like lunatics on the sidewalk. People who passed by shot us nasty stares.

"Don't you dare call me your wife!" I said.

"Okay. I will call myself your husband." He said, smiling slyly, and I glared at him.

"Couple on the sidewalk... if you need help, ask or get the fuck out of the streets!" The traffic police personnel reckoned us.

"We are not a coup-" I was about to say that aloud when Will cut me in.

"Sorry cop, my wife's a little wobbly today," Will said

His arms moved around me, carrying me in his arms as he lifted me off the ground. My clothes dripped wet, sticking to my skin, and I was worried they'd give away my asymmetrical boobs. Why the hell does he keep on carrying me without my permission?

"Put me down this instant!" I said, and he pretended not to hear me.

"I said put me down, Will!" I yelled, and the crowd gathered around us.

"This man harassing you?" An old lady asked.

"Yeah-" I almost said.

"My wife's giving me a hard time. Sorry, madam!" Will winked at her.

"Stop calling me your wife!" I complained.

"Ah! Show her a good time, and she will stick around." The old lady chuckled and moved away.

"You heard her. Let's focus on having a good time." Will said, walking forward.

"How exactly am I supposed to feel good? You're the only one enjoying this drama! Do you understand that I don't want to be around you?" I said, throwing a fit.

"Stop being a brat! Your knee is bleeding!" Will said, his voice sounded intimidating.

I didn't realize my left leg dripped blood. The blood trickled and dried near the wound, but the trail it left behind created a mess.

Our eyes met, and I found myself retaliating from the 'Stand-Strong-Shit-Show' of a grown-ass woman. Fuck. What was I even fighting for when I was literally on the losing end?

I clung to him as we walked down Fifth Street like that- my huge ass self carried in his arms. Way to go, Eva!

~

"Sit still. Don't touch it!" Will said as he laid me down on the couch.

"I don't like my hands bloody either!" I whined.

His leathered couch lay ruined by the water dripping from my clothes. At this point, I had lost count of how many times I had fucked things for him.

A minute later, Will showed up with a large bowl, a yellow bottle, and a couple of wet bandages. He pressed the hot compress over the blood and cleaned it. The water in the bowl turned bloody, and I couldn't help but feel that Will was gentle with me.

He put a few drops of the yellow antiseptic on a cotton bud and rubbed it on the wound.

"Fuck-" I cried. It stung when he rubbed the bud.

"It's going to hurt a little. Sorry." He said and smirked. I withered with pain.

"You don't look like you're sorry," I complained, and he rolled his eyes.

"You aren't in a position to feel offended." He said, and I cursed a little under my breath.

"You're the one who was calling me wife!" I said hysterically, when he tied the bandage.

While I was expecting a jerky response, he said nothing. A second later, he leaned way too close.

"I didn't call you my wife. You're my wife." He whispered.

"Back off, Will!" I said. It wasn't romantic. It was tragic!

To my surprise, he got off the couch and disappeared into one of the rooms. I took my time staring at his living room decor. Surprisingly the paint wasn't all black like I half expected. The walls were pastel blue, with off white ceiling. A chandelier hung down, and in front of the couch rested a TV Set, the largest I had ever seen. Classic. When Will returned, he had two large coffee mugs and changed his clothes - camo pants and a sap green tee.

 When Will returned, he had two large coffee mugs and changed his clothes - camo pants and a sap green tee