69| EARN IT!

Three days to go, and it has been word of mouth that the owner of Daisy Wineries was getting married. Again. While the winter was spreading its claws, the snow was yet to come. I patted Bruno's head as Martha made another comment about keeping him away from the dinner table.

"He's a good boy, Martha. Let him stay, please." Will said, and Martha gave him an uneasy nod.

Over the past few days, Will Turner has wrapped everyone around his fingers. I suspect that he and Ron were planning to go fishing sometime in the afternoon the next day. I had been seeing very much and yet very little of Will these days. He was busy helping with the wedding arrangements by day, and at night he worked from home. At this point, I even thought he would quit. But he doesn't. Of all the people, I should have known Will Turner wasn't a quitter. He certainly didn't quit being a pain in my ass, and now I had to dine with him seated next to me. Who the hell made the dinner arrangements? I cursed under my breath.

I played with the tomato on my plate; as we sat at the dinner table. The only good thing about winters was I would see the snow sometime soon and wear the comfy sweaters all day long! Thank god, no more hideous, skin-tight clothes and paper-thin tops.

"How long are you planning to toss that tomato on your plate?" Will whispered in my ear, and I nearly choked on my food.

"Sweet Jesus. What the hell's wrong with you?" I coughed, and he handed me the glass of water. I had done a great job of pretending he didn't exist till day two of Will's not-so-special stay. On the third day, he made it nearly impossible with all the questions about the wedding venue, guest lists, RSVPs, and whatnot!

"Nothing. You make me worry." He said in a small voice, and I couldn't help but stare at him.

"Ahem ahem!" Martha cleared her throat, and it took me a moment to realize we were not alone.

"So, how's it going with the caterers?" Martha asked, and Mom went into panic mode. Oh no. No. No! She acts like she's nine months pregnant. Since the wedding preps have started, her visits to Dr. Collins haven't calmed her down, and I was running out of time with everything going around. Needless to mention, Will Turner was doing a great job of being nice, and still fucking me up.

"Mom! Calm down. It's going great. I have forwarded them a list of cuisines, drinks, and the cake is the best." I said, and Ron rubbed my mom's back.

Good or bad, you decide, but Ron seemed to care when mom was concerned. Maybe, Ron had made one good decision in his life, but I couldn't say the same about mom. I had convinced myself to attend the wedding, but I wasn't sure if I was ready for that. I only counted days till it was all over. I couldn't wait to go back to work, help out with Mikhail's upcoming book launch, and make my move to Bexley's Seattle Office. No thanks to Will, I won't be able to do everything I planned till the wedding.

"Have you picked up your bridesmaid dress from Taylor's?" My mom inquired, and I shook my head.

"Taylor said she'll get the fittings done by tomorrow. Martha, could you drop me off at the boutique tomorrow?" I asked, and Martha sipped from her glass of wine.

"I have personal errands to run tomorrow. Maybe Ron can drop you off!" Martha said as I scrunched my nose at the mention of Ron's name.

"No way! I'd rather walk than drive with this ap-"

"Behave, Eva!" Mom interrupted me.

"Fine. Anyone but Ron!" I said, rolling my eyes.

"I will drop you at the boutique then," Will said, squeezing my thigh, and my senses heightened as I yanked his hand off.

The Bucketlistजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें