52| BACK TO YOU

After the Queen sobered from her funk (three weeks later)...

"Do I look, okay?" I asked Roms for what seemed like the hundredth time.

"No!" She said, and I looked at her hopelessly with the thought. I don't look good! How was I to cope with today without pulling off my best look?

"Why? You said I looked good, and then you say I don't look good? My head's spinning!" I said, sitting on the dresser's table as the makeup kit lay scrambled on the dresser table. Lipstick shades were confused for blush, makeup brushes broke like matchsticks, and I couldn't get the damned contour stuff right. What's with the makeup?

"Geez, I am messing with you! How come you don't believe me when I say you look beautiful? You looked like you'd pass out when I said you weren't!" Roms mocked, sitting with cross legs on my bed.

"This is not funny, Roms," I said, my hands rolling the mascara down my eyelash. How do people get this done? Will it make a difference if my eyelashes are not longer? But I won't take any chances.

"It's not every day that Willy-Lily gets to go on a date with such a gorgeous woman! He is already head over heels for you, Eva." She chuckled, taking a bite from her chocolate bar. I blushed a little, less from the makeup and more from the thought of Will. That night, he had removed the remnants of pizza toppings from my hair as we showered together. When he showed up later, he had held me close and whispered in my ears- "I'd wait for you, Eva!" Since that day, it's been days since I had seen him naked or wet or kissed him. It was time. I was afraid if I failed to make a move, he would move on quickly.

Sometimes it's better to stick by for answers than assume that time and space will let you in the secrets people have traded their souls to hide! I had questions, and their answers would only come if I'd stick with Will. Of course, there were other reasons to be with him. Wasn't Will my husband? I had barely forgotten the feel of his mouth on my lips. If I stalled in the fantasy longer, I'd get late for what was coming for me, for 'us'...

"No chocolate on the bed!"I said, missing the piercing by a millimeter! This stupid earring won't get into the hole!

"You sound like Willy-Lily, Eva! I should get you another boyfriend!" Eva complained as she nibbled on the chocolate.

"Hell, no!" I found myself saying it in unison.

To my amazement, Will stood in my room, dressed in a navy blue button-down and black denim. His hair gelled back, and in his right hand were roses. Why did he bring roses? Wait. Why is he here?

I looked at the clock, and it was barely 3 pm. The date was at 4 pm, and I had a whole whooping hour to rant about makeup and the dress. I didn't expect Will to show up that early, especially when I looked like a half clown!

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked, horrified.

"Nice shirt, Willy-Lily." Roms mocked him as she stared stupidly at me. A flashing grin played on his lips as he clutched the rose bouquet.

"I told you not to call me that!" Will gritted his teeth at Roms, and she threw a pillow on him.

"You two better stay away from each other. I can't pay for getting another room cleaned!" I threatened them before I could look into the mirror and feel antagonized. What if I looked like that girl from Blue Lagoon? No, no. I checked my reflection in the makeup, and the mascara was a mess. It smudged a little from the brush.

"I thought you'd be pleased!" Will said, looking amused.

"I am not. I am not ready yet. I don't even think I look presentable!" I yelled, panicking.