21 |LOVE HIM OR HATE HIM?

Some time after the world stopped turning

We are dancing together, Josh and I. His blue eyes are as dreamy as ever with an ocean of thoughts pooled into them. His perfect jawline and beaming smile is directed towards me and I smile back. He leans me over in his arms as we waltz. Moving briskly with such finesse that his arm slid across my back. Holding me in places and then,

The hall turns dark. Suddenly we are on stage, still dancing. 

I move out of his embrace, and as he coils his arms around me, I search for his eyes. They are grey, storm cloud grey...

 His brown locks turned blonde. His blue tuxedo is spotlessly white, and then he kisses me senselessly. He is not Josh. It's Will. The crowd cheers all the while I am in the horror of the transition occurring in front of me. I spot a man in a blue tuxedo with sea blue eyes. He's glaring as I dance with Will, crushing the bouquet of roses, and his eyes glare at me with utter contempt. Will laughs and rejoices as I embarrass myself further. Cameras, a lot of them. As they clicked, I laid captured into their papery cages. 'Help, help,' I shout aloud. No one hears it. Will is listening, but he only laughs.

"Help! Help!" I yelled out, the words muffled up as they came out.

The ceiling was a spotless white with a solitary fan hanging down. Where the hell am I?

 As my sight cleared up, I could make out a couch, lying on the other end of the room- a monitor, an IV drip stand, and a curtain stand laid in an ensemble. It's a damn hospital! My head hurt from the effort of thinking about it. 

A little while later, I could make out the figure entering in. As the person neared, I knew who it was, and my cheeks flushed red with anger. A flood of memories came rushing in, and my head hurt. Of course, Tyranny Turner had kissed me in public, and now that I had embarrassed myself in front of everyone by passing out, he was still here!

"What the hell are you doing here?" I sneered.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Calm down. I brought you here!" He said dryly.

"Is that why this place looks like a mental asylum?"

I knew I was partly overreacting, but this was beyond what I could tolerate. Not that this place might be a mental asylum or just a hospital, but this guy here was trouble! The nerve he has to show up to after doing that!

"It's just a hospital, Eva!"

"Don't you dare 'Eva' me! I get that you run Bexley, but you can't go on kissing me out of the blue!" I said it in a stretch to realize that I was turning breathless.

"I am sorry. I should not have..." He said.

I wasn't even listening to the rest of it. Will said he was sorry. Could that be an insult? All these days, Tyranny Turner played those petty tricks on me; he didn't apologize. But today, kissing me in front of everyone made him apologetic. Am I that bad for a woman? 

"Really, sorry is all that you could say? Shouldn't you take responsibility for it?" I said rather harshly. Take your words, Turner! Feel the pain when the cat bites you back!

"I take responsibility for all that happened. But right now, I need you to calm down."

Was he messing with me? Apologizing first and then said all those words like he cared. If he'd care, he wouldn't have done it in the first place! He ensured that I suffered like all hell's winded up in my cubicle, and long established that Will Turner was a freaking psychopath, but sometime back there, I thought there was more to him than his knee-jerk behavior! 

At this point, should I already resign from Bexley's? What if he does something serious, and I end up dead?

"What's going on here?" I saw Roms enter. She dressed in stress-time-pink track suit. Goodness! She must have rushed here at once when she heard about it.

"Roms!"I squeaked, and all the color in my cheeks drained. Her brown eyes looked puffed. She had cried a lot.

"Hey there! How are you feeling?" She asked as she walked to get a seat on one of those rocky chairs they have at hospitals.

"I am good. Except my head hurts, I might barf and practically want to punch my boss. I am good." I said. Did something happen with Kade? Or was her dad bothering her again? I felt the urge to ask her but held back.

"Is that what you two were doing before I entered? The lover's drivel!" Romilda said with a chuckle.

"Don't you dare pair me up with him!" I tried sound daunting, but it came out more like a pug howling.

"FYI, I am still standing here! Still your boss!"Will said jovially.

"Oh yeah! Explains the twitch in my palm!"

The three of us broke into fits of laughter, and as much as I hated to see the turn of events, this one escalated from a confrontation to a friend's banter real quick. What in the world!

"Hey, look! Here's a great pic!"

Romilda said as she scrolled through her phone. The screen was flashing with two people kissing each other passionately. The guy was in a white tuxedo, the girl in a white dress. Their faces were barely visible from the angle. I recognized the pair of white, strapped, shiny stiletto sandals. Damn!

"Don't say that it's what I think it is!"

"It's you and Will, sharing a kiss. It is all over the internet!"

"Is it?" Will chimed, sounding rather pleased for someone who apologized for their actions.

"Shouldn't you be leaving?" I told him off. Forgetting that I might get fired before I type the resignation. His face turned serious all at once. To my utter amazement, he moved out of the room, bidding Romilda goodbye.

"You could treat him better than that, couldn't you?" Roms chuckled.

"Why would I? He kissed me in front of the whole staff!" I said.

"And you hate it, right?"Roms laughed. Annoying.

"Yes. Josh saw us like that!"

"Really? You look rather amused for someone who's kissed without their consent. Are you even sure you care about Josh?" She chimed in.

"Roms!" I exclaimed.

"What? Truth stings bitch!" She broke into laughter while I questioned myself for real...Did I hate it? I don't have to answer that now. At least for now.