72| AS YOU ARE

"Where to miss?" Will asked as we sneaked out from the crowd.

"Come, I need to take you somewhere!" I said, pulling him by his hand; as he followed me to the parking lot.

"I will grab the car keys," Will said; as he went to the valet.

The thirty minutes of my life when I swayed in his arms was a dream I cradled in my head for so long. After a long time, I didn't pretend I was dancing with a pillar. Why? Because I never imagined slow dancing with Will in front of half of the folks from Maple Street. I wasn't the sore loser, the undateable, un-fuckable, pain in the ass misery anymore. I was the girl who slow-danced to Will Emmanuel Turner. I was the girl who got her prince before he ran away to the woods. I was a better Eva. Will Turner made me the prima donna in my life's musical- who sings, runs, and dances with her prince.

I remember the bucket list: #7 Slow dance in public. We had done it, without any NDA, without any obligation. Now all I had to do was figure out how I make other things happen. Sadly, the part where the princess fights the dragon and saves the prince, and then they kiss. I had to get to that part. But in every story I read, it was the other way around, and I had no clue how to fight a fire-breathing monster. If I could kick a man in his cojones without freaking out, I could figure it out too. I will figure it out!

"Eva!" Will said, his hair falling to a side as he walked with the car keys with a subtle hint of a smile lingering on his lips.

"I am driving!" I said, and his smile dropped.

"Trust me! I am not going to run into something this time!" I said, shrugging, and he looked at me wide-eyed.

"You did what?" He asked, running his fingers through the back of his head.

"I can drive!" I said, crossing my arms over my front.

"Okay. But-" Will said. Of course, there would be a but!

"But what?" I asked, and his face turned serious.

"I need a long kiss!" He said with a teeth-flashing smile.

"You're a cheap negotiator!" I mocked, walking towards him.

"Not when I am asking for something priceless..." He said, and I pressed my lips to his.

"You talk too much, Turner!" I said, and he pinched the bridge of my nose.

His arms moved around my back, holding me pressed against him, and I felt my core tighten. God. There it was! The horny bug. Now I had to chain my hormones before I drive us to Broken Reek, or I will end up fucking him in his Volkswagen. There was so much I needed to tell him.

#

As I parked the car around the corner, Will tapped his fingers on the window. The sun was yet to set, and the winter evening blew cold air as we stepped out. I looked at Will, who seemed lost in thought. I wondered what he was thinking.

The suburb, around the farthest route from Maple Street, lost in the busy grey pavements of Seattle, was my favorite place to cry, rant, and pretend the world was ending. I discovered the chunk of heaven while walking Bruno.

The wind blew, and I watched the willows creak as clear water ran underneath. People called it Wisher's Creek. I had a better name for it, the Broken Creek. The old signboard with 'No Trespassing' deadpanned into the ground. The place couldn't be more perfect to talk about things that created storms within me.

"Eva, you shouldn't go anywhere near the water," Wil said, his face horrified as I walked too close to the edge.

"The water is only a foot deep!" I said. I recall what happened at Hudson River, and the memory tormented me a little. But Will was here with me; what could possibly go wrong?