25| GOING (WAY) OUT

I woke up kissing my sheets.  Miss Mason's Tabby doesn't bother me anymore. Fucking Amanda from HR can take her smirk and stick it up her ass. All that matters in the world is- Josh is my boyfriend. And that I am getting a pay raise. I can finally live without coffee, or (maybe not). Today was a new beginning, and as if Michael Bublé had written the song for some lucky ass like me, I shot the volume up on the radio.

Miss Mason banged at our door.

"Eva, did you turn deaf by chance, dear?" She inquired.

 Do happy people turn deaf out of shock? If that was possible, maybe I was the deaf-est person alive! I turned the volume down to prevent any further intrusions into my happy dream turned reality.

Oh, it's a new day. It's a new life, and I am feeling good. So damn good I could dance naked at Times Square and not feel embarrassed. Happiness has its own high. It's narcotic, and it's ecstatic, and it's chivalric. It felt lethal, and at the moment, I was brimming with the joy of being in love.

"What's with Michael Bublé and you?"Roms asked as she walked to the kitchen counter.

"Nothing, I am just too happy at the moment," I said, beaming with a smile as enthusiastic as I could afford without straining my cheekbones.

"Oh! Some man did that to you, didn't he?"

She shot me one of those stares you give to the girl who had just done 'it' for the first time. To ensure we are on the same page, 'It' isn't Pennywise. Back in time, I had started doubting whether all of our 'It's were the same because I had practically seen couples making out at football games and getting high in washrooms, still pretending that 'it' was just 'sex'. Most of the high school passed like that-. Sex was Voldemort- The one who must not be named, but feared. The horcrux you ask? STI.

"Don't look at me like that!" I said defensively.

"Like what?" she said, her tone playful.

I wasn't ready to tell her. I needed time to believe it before I could break the news to everyone else. 

"Like I got some juicy gossip!" I turned away and hit the radio off. Michael Bublé could take a five, and I needed a breather.

"Don't you need to go early today?" Roms asked, her eyes stuck to the texts she was getting on her phone.

"Shit. I almost forgot. I will get going then!" I said, heading towards my bedroom.

The Bexley special skirt of hell hanging in my closet stared at me. No matter how happy I get, nothing in this world is going to make me fall in love with this hell of work attire.

***

"Hey, Amanda!"

The first person I saw when I walked in at Bexley's was Amanda. Now, she wasn't pretending to be the obnoxious, ignorant bitch who didn't know me. I was tired of calling her Miss Richards all day as if calling Will, 'Mr. Turner'  wasn't enough.

"Who do we have here? The Most Creative Employee!" She sneered. 

 Half a minute later, the elevator opened, and a pair of sea blue eyes greeted me with warm smile.

"Good morning, Josh!" I walked toward him, my arms ready to pull him into a hug. 

That is until he averted my touch and walked away to get a word with Amanda. Maybe he wasn't prepared for PDA! And so was I. He was taking his time, but no matter how hard I convinced myself to deny it, I couldn't. I was jealous of Amanda.