39 | OUT OF CLOSET

Twelve at midnight is never a good time to sneak into your apartment. I could hear the Tabby meow, the streets grunting, and was not ready to face Roms. How am I supposed to tell Roms that I kissed Will under the stars; the whole time we were together! That's what we have been up to all night. I didn't want to lie to her either.

"Here we are!" Will said as the car pulled in at Miss Mason's.

I didn't know what to do now that we were there. Was I supposed to give Will another kiss? A hug? Should I tell him to spend the night over at my place? Fuck. I was clueless. My mind was spinning, and all I could pull off was a constipated smile. Why did I not date in college? Because I was broke with student debt. My conscience answered me.

Will opened the door for me, and I realized I had not removed my seat belt, bumping back in my seat. Stupid brain! Will chuckled and moved closer. His hands were a mere few centimeters away from my boobs. Oh, God! I know we have kissed, but I wasn't ready to get groped by a man yet. Not when my boobs were as developed as my brain- half of what's needed.

"What are you doing?" I asked in a strangely husky voice. What's happening to me? I was going bonkers.

"I am letting you free," Will said in a whisper. His breath felt warm against my ears, and his fingers brushed my hair.

A minute later, his hands moved south, and he unbuckled the seat belt, breaking into peals of laughter. He was teasing me!

"That's not funny!" I said, and he laughed more.

"It is!" He said.

"I don't think so," I said and moved out.

Will caught me by my wrist. The touch ignited a fire where his fingers laid on my skin. I could feel heat coursing through me.

"Goodbye, Eva." He said with a smile. It was the most infectious smile I had seen on Will's lips. 

"Goodbye, Will," I said, shifting in my heels. God. I couldn't feel my breath.

He drove away, and I sighed, not knowing how long I was holding my breath. Will was gone, but the goodbyes were not enough. If only he could stay a bit longer. I could still feel the lingering taste of his mint in my mouth. My heart was beating crazy with the sole thought of his lips on mine. Shit. Not a good time to be horny.

I walked upstairs and knocked on the door. The fifth time it still didn't turn when I searched for the spare key under the doormat. Humans are pretty stupid. The spare key is lying under the doormat all the damn time, and still, we knock like we have no other way. Ugh! How long till my cerebrum develops fully?

The key stuck in the keyhole, and I kicked on the door, cursing. What the hell!

To my amazement, after a few more tries, the knob turned, and the door flew open. One of the lucky days, it seemed. Or nights. I was ready to throw myself on the couch, but my eyeballs nearly popped out from what I saw.

"Ah! Bring it on, baby!" Roms was screaming.

"I am gonna come for you so hard, ah!" Rachel said huskily.

My mind went blank, and I couldn't figure out what was going on there!

On the couch, my two best friends, Rachel and Roms, were lying buck naked, grinding against each other in a highly graphic setting. The door slammed hard, and their attention shifted to me. Fuck. I couldn't meet either of their eyes.

"I am sorry!" I said and dashed for my bedroom, latching the door.

Before I could understand what was happening, I craved solitude to think.

Fifteen minutes later, Roms was banging on my door.

"We need to talk." She screamed at the top of her lungs.

"Give me a second, please," I said.

I changed into sweatpants and a shirt and opened the door to find a half-dressed Roms. She had a tank top and Sunday shorts on as she walked into the living room. She wore the just-fucked hair well. I wasn't sure whether I was dreaming or did it happen?

"What are we gonna talk about?" I asked, and she motioned me to walk to the living room. I followed her quietly, half expecting to see Rachel (preferably dressed); the door slammed again. Someone was in Roms' bedroom, and I knew who.

I sighed when Roms said, "I am sorry, Eva!"

"You should be!" I said, my nose twitched a little.

"I didn't want you to see such an upsetting thing," Roms said with her head turned down as she sat on the couch.

Were we on the same page?

"What are you talking about?" I asked, wide-eyed.

"About what you saw earlier... I know you're not used to that." She said with her head turned down.

Poor girl.

"You've got it all wrong. I was sad that none of you told me you two are seeing each other! How long has this been going on?" I said, and Roms snorted.

"I thought you weren't used to seeing girls fuck." Roms crackled up.

"Well, not a bother," I said.

Who am I kidding? According to the census, about 90% of women who own an internet connection have seen lesbian porn. Why do you ask? Because even straight women think men suck sometimes but not in a good way (if you know, you know).

"We aren't serious about it. We are just friends who fuck sometimes..." She said, blushing a little. I felt my jaw hitting the floor. Roms was casually dating Rachel?

"How did you two come across each other?" I asked, growing curious with every moment. Damn.

"We swiped left on Twinder, went on a coffee date, and then thought of having some fun. She is sweet." Roms said.

I had a feeling this was going to be more than just-so-casual sex.

"Is Rachel still here?" I asked, and Roms nodded.

"She's staying the night," Roms added, blushing.

"Use condoms. Safety is sexy. You know the drill!" I winked at her, and she pulled me into a hug.

"Thanks for understanding. I haven't forgotten about your night out with Will!" She said, and I could feel her tearing up a little. She was getting emotional.

"We'll talk about it. I promise. Take good care of your girl." I said, pulling out.

The noises died, and I walked into my bedroom. I didn't remember nights to be so eventful, but why could I say! When love decides to be out of the closet, you can't expect all to be sane because love is the epitome of crazy- hearts, souls, and desires.

Speaking of which, I wonder what Will's doing? My brain said he was dozing, but my heart begged to differ. It wasn't fair to me if he was sleeping in peace when my head filled with the scent of his musky cologne, his minty lips, and the feel of his fingers on my skin.

 It wasn't fair to me if he was sleeping in peace when my head filled with the scent of his musky cologne, his minty lips, and the feel of his fingers on my skin