Strangers Conversing 2nd night (53)

It is Friday night and your leech roommates have gone clubbing while you nurse a work injury. You work as a Barista at a well known Cafe. A knife slipped as you cut lemon bars. Such a simple task you have done some many times it shouldn't have happened. You were stressed about bills and then a customer came up to the front yelling their complaint at you in which you had no control of.

That's when the knife slipped and you cut your palm just under your thumb. The doctor tells you a centimeter in any other direction and you would have cut a tendon that would have required surgery. You don't feel very lucky. You are on medical leave for a week and will get paid but not if you were at the job working.

(Y/n) stares at her (d/h) and tries to wiggle her fingers. The bandage is tight and so you need to keep the circulation following or the hand goes numb. The railing of the bridge is the right height to elevate the fresh wound. A soft giggle slips from your mouth.

'What if Alucard is a true vampire? Am I going to get savaged? Or would that be ravaged?

Then Alucard's large form is pressing against your body and peering down on you. Your instincts should be screaming and your hands clawing but his body is more comforting. A long and slow sigh leaves your mouth.

"Good evening (Y/n). I almost thought you might not show..."then he flares his nostrils and licks his pale lips like a hungry wolf. He could smell you a kilometer away or more. You are young but sorrow has made your blood a sweet and earthy smell to it.

When newly turned oh he would have savaged you to death for every drop of your precious blood. Now over five hundred years as the first Nosferatu, he is more than willing to ravage you for a bit. You would be a tasty tidbit but you would walk away a bit weak with only fuzzy headedness but very much alive. But you won't ask him for that. Your mind is weighted even heavier with your injury.

"May I see?" he asks barely above a whisper but you hear him loud as a church bell on a Sunday morning.

You mumble, "Doctor says got lucky I guess." You extend your whole arm, palm up to his face as if giving him an offering. He blinks and licks his lips. You catch the old vampire off guard. Everything about him should send you screaming into the night yet you treat him as a warm blanket you snuggle in on a cold night.

It is truly strange yet wonderful to dare say magical?

Unholy King lifts a bit of the bandage. You are quite fortunate as he has seen men on battlefields get slices on their hands like yours and lose most of the grip in them. "I usually don't agree with medical doctors and some of their quackery but this one is indeed correct. The stitching has been done well too. It should heal quickly..."

"I came tonight as I felt I made a promise to you and I never break promises. Yet I am exhausted and have no silvery lines of written words or a golden tongue to dazzle you."

"Such things are for political and charlatans with evil plans." the ebony haired vampire comments. He then hands you a single rose. It's dark and the lamp only helps see the color so much. Yet...you swear you know exactly the color as if by a memory.

Alucard presses his lips to the shell of your ear, "I took a guess...did I guess wrong, little one?"

You let your soft laugh out that is hauntingly beautiful to the jaded old one. "You are a master of observation and have a keen eye to human behaviour. Dare I say, women in particular?'

"Such a beautiful laugh." Alucard decides to see how enamoured you are with vampires. He, Alucard as Dracula so he picks a popular line from the Copela's movie that he detests.

"There are darknesses in life and there are lights, and you are one of the lights, the light of all lights."

This time (Y/n) laughs so hard you gasp for breath. "You need a stern whipping for that one Alucard! Such nonsense! If you insist on being an ass and quoting Bram Stoker shit make it in your words!"