My Heart is Yours ch. 3 (34)

Inima mea îți aparține
My Heart is Yours

Concimating love ch. 3

Note: Final chapter 4 is in the book just released. Go and check it out.

•~•°♡°•~•

Year: 1462
Location: Târgoviște castle.

Note: Vlad's first wife didn't die until 1462 due to his brother Radu trying to essurape the throne of Wallachia. He loved his wife dearly. Second wife was a cousin of King and a political marriage for him to get out of Corvinus' prison. Vlad was in prison for 12 years.

•~•°♡°•~•

•The first order of business was to teach the Princess how to speak Romanian. Diarra was a quick study and was speaking fluent conversational Romanian within a month.

•Even Though Dirra was trained in courtly manners and her Romanian speaking was strong, there were Boyars that voiced disapproval.

•Vlad addressed Diarra as Princess but most of the court addressed her as a courtesan at the level of cortigiane oneste . The cruelest of Boyars referring to "Princess" Diarra as a courtesan was the hint that she was a high class prostitute.

• Whenever Vlad heard or saw someone in the court refer to the role of Courstian, the noble headed up high greased poles.

•Perhaps the 'rub' was that the Prince planned to marry Diarra and not seek political gain by marrying into a noble family.

•The Hungarian King Matthias Corvinus had cousins he was willing to marry off, to stablize the area. It would aslo force Voivode Dracula to convert to Catholicism from his birth religion of Greek Orthodox.

•Prince Vlad presented Princess Diarra to all court affairs, much to the dismay of advisors. It was a major fact, other than his affectionate attraction, Vlad knew he could trust Diarra and no one else.

Diarra was his only confidante.

•Princess Diarra was treated like a Queen when Vlad was present but less so when he was gone to battle. Though she was given more respect than servants.

•One morning it was rainy but word got back to the high court that Vlad was near. He had stopped at an inn to rest for the night then move on to the castle the following day.

•Princess Diarra felt he wasn't getting home quickly so she was going to meet him at the inn.

•She found out Vlad was going under his assumed name Alucard. It would be easy enough to ride to the inn.

•Diarra ordered her bay Arabian mare be saddled and ready for the princess.

•Dressed in Ottoman clothes covered by a long, heavy cloak. The pin to the cloak was Vlad's personal coat of arms. It denoted that she was part of the House of Draculesti and not a member of the Order of Dragon. He was trying to protect her from his treacherous nobles (boyars).

•Diarra galloped the last half mile then handed her reins to a stable hand, at the inn, as she pulled up the hood. Her sharp mind went through scenarios of his being less than princely.

He better be alone!

•Diarra spotted one of Viovode's personal guards. She walked up boldly and then rapped her gloved knuckles on the wooden table. The guard looked up and was going to stand.

•He knew why Princess Diarra was at the inn.

•The guard was rather relieved as the Prince had been in a foul mood for five and half weeks. His eyes never settled on any other woman now that Diarra was to be his future wife.