veiled rebirth (51)

It's an unseasonably hot summer night for London. A freak lightning storm was just last night due to such high humidity. Skylar Evans is her birth name but since a young child Skylar has always been called Nyx. Nyx, a hedge witch, decides to go with her eclectic fellow (g/fl) coven 'sisters' and take in the energy of an expensive nightclub. One of the fellow witches is paying for the visit. The club is "All Dark & Mysterious".

Skylar's very best friend, Drew is an amazing at applying makeup. Nance, as Nancy hated her fully pronounced name, is helping with the wardrobe. Nyx couldn't quite figure out why there is such a high stress level to have everyone look picture perfect. The plan is to go, glamour goth, as a threesome set theme. Nyx is doing a doll style look.

In the end, the girlish stress of makeup and 'runs' in your expensive stockings, was going to be forgotten all about. It was a long forgotten concern young women fuss over...

Nyx, Drew, Nance and the final gal, Bianca, wait to get in the club. Nyx's lilac colored eyes glance around to look at people, feeling somewhat overwhelmed, with doe eyes. A chill crawls down her back, so she pulls her hands together then up to her chin. Nyx knows something is not quite right and death is near. A spirit is nearby, softly wailing, in an attempt to warn her but of what she can not make out. The spirits of the dead are often forced to be vague or answer in riddles.

A faint voice whispers in Nyx's head...

"turn around."

The young hedge witch glances over her pale shoulder to gaze upon a man, with long black hair flowing, as if caught by a breeze but there isn't a hint of one. The air is hot and stagnant in fact. The gentleman has an unusual red coat on, that covers a finely stitched double breasted charcoal black suit, with a blood red ascot for a tie. Ascot scarf ties have been out of fashion for some forty years at least, Nyx notes.

A wide brim red hat matches his outer coat. A pair of white dress gloves cover his hands with a pentagram and a language that isn't readable in the dark. It's obviously occult, in nature, like some kind of binding symbol. Nyx is quite curious about the symbol but not rude enough to ask the handsome stranger. All in all, a strange combination of attire. She angles her head slightly to get a better look.

Yet now, her eyes travel to the man's pale face and angular features that make him beautiful instead of ugly and drawn out. His body is long and lean but somehow she knows he's ungodly strong. For all that makes a man sexy or an 'alpha' for Nyx, is the eyes. The fact she can't see his eyes, saddens her. The stranger is wearing reddish-orange tinted sunglasses. Nyx wants to look into his eyes and see what can be seen inside.

Is he beautiful and fascinating or ugly and monstrous?

The dark haired man suddenly freezes in his tracks then turns his head to stare right at Nyx. The long fingers of his left hand tug the glasses down just enough to give an unobstructed view. Nyx thinks she has become lost in a swirling pool of molten lava that churns mainly of red but hints of orange and yellow slip in. The raven haired vampire pushes the glasses backup to conceal his inhumane eyes.

Skylar Evans knows what the world speaks of and science says: vampires don't exist.

Nyx the hedge witch knows by the fact as she walks in and out of the veil: that the man looking at her, is a real vampire.

The man dressed in red, whispers some words out loud but Nyx can't hear over the crowd in line. Then she hears, "I said you shouldn't be here little one...go home and come back another night if you know what's good for you."

The tall vampire is now standing or rather towering at 6'4", next to her. She never even saw the lone man, in crimson, move to her right side. Nyx looks all around but it is if he is invisible to the rest of the waiting club goers.