Chapter 26.5

Ori release a deep sigh as she stays in the viewing area of El Fraile and watches the sea beautifully reflecting the moonlight with a dazzling glitter. Holding a cup of bitter black coffee using her both hands, Ori just decides to finish the night in contemplation as her insomia and overthinking would never let her sleep until tommorow, after the fated battle between her school and Ooarai.

Realizing the lonely silence of midnight, Ori wishes that Jose is in her side right now. She really need someone that she can tell her frustration, console and give advice to her.

After the incident in the Nature Reserve. Ori is questioning herself if everything is really okay to continue as what Emilia wanted. She feel guilty of the lie that her senshadou team use to avoid persecution for the flame that is obviously their fault to begin with. She can't stomach that everything would need to turn into a bad turn just to save the school she love.

Then Ori remembers something. A chill runs down in her spine due to the cold breeze and the realization of the Mayor's ultimatum for all of them.

"If you show incompetence despite everything I did to your stupid plan, its just better to punish all of you for wasting my time and resources."

Ori quickly gulps her coffee and fortunately, the coffee is now just hot enough to not cause a burn. The cold is gone but the fear still remains and Ori crush the empty paper cup in a attempt to relieve stresss to no avail.

Ori looks to her surrounding and after seeing one, she walks to the trash bin and throw the crumpled paper cup then she sits to a nearby bench, still continues to view the sea.

She didn't notices, tears starts to flow on Ori's cheeks. She really want to quit but right now she's locked in a very difficult situation and the expectations and stress is just too much for her to handle that she slowly wept in the silence of the night.

...

..

.

"Uhhmmmm... Hello?"

Ori hear a female voice but she ignores it, thinking that its just her mind trying to create comfort.

"Uhmmm... Ori? Is that you?"

Hearing that the voice is calling her in name. Ori slowly wipe the tears on her eyes and look on the source of the voice then she see two female, one is standing and she pushing a wheelchair where the other girl sits which she easily recognize sits.

"M-miss P-poly?" Ori's surprised question.

"Yup... Thats me. Hello Ori." Poly's greeting followed by a sweet smile.

"Why are you here in the middle of the night?" Ori's concerned question.

"Well I just thinking about the fate of our school. If you concerned on me, just put it to your self."

At first. Ori is confused but after few seconds, she realize her pathetic crying state earlier and blush out of embarassment.

"Ah..." Ori's only word. Poly chuckles.

"Oh its ok... Perhaps you need someone that you can tell me what's bothering you."

At first, Ori is hesistant as she knows that Poly supports Andressa. But she feels that Poly doesn't intend to exploit her current state of weakness. Ori nods slowly.

...

..

.

"I see... Just what I expected" Poly says.

Ori stays silent. Shy that she just says everything to the supposed enemy of their team. But deep inside, Ori can feel Poly's sincerity

"I don't know what should I do." Ori's sad words.

Poly drinks hot chocolate from the cup she's holding.

"I don't know if this is a good advice at all. I suggest that just do what your President wanted."

"Eh? But I don't know if I can still do that after everything that just happened." Ori's confuses reasoning.

Poly smiles as she expects that reaction from Ori.

"Also, I'm scared on what she's going to do to me... To us." Ori says with a very sad expression.

"Another reason to do her bidding. If your team wins, well you're safe. But..."

"But?" Ori's question.

"But if you lose. Trust us that we going to do our best to prevent your fears from happening."

Ori didn't expect Poly's suggestion but somehow, hearing a possible solution gives her relief she really sought for a very long time.

"Miss Poly. How you going to do that?"

"Hmmmm... Even though our situation is an absolute mess. You can put your trust to us."

Ori thought that Poly's words have weight on it as she's a high ranking officer and also the fact that she's the daughter of Corrigidor's principal.

"And why I should believe you? Sorry Miss Poly but you supports Andressa so I just concerned."

Poly drinks on her hot chocolate again.

"Ori. It's not about who you and I supports. It's clearly that everything Emilia did to our school, other people and you is very bad. I just can't stand that and I believe my father also think the same."

"But... Isn't your father just follow the majority of the Circle?"

At first, Poly thinks for a moment before realizing what Ori is implying. So she laugh awkwardly.

"Hehehe~ don't worry. He's going to wake-up and realize anytime soon. If he didn't, I just going to kick his ass to shake his senses." Poly says with absolute confidence.

Ori chuckles, after weeks of stressing events she finally feel happy.

"Geez... It's good to see you smiling."

"Yeah yeah... Its been a while. Thank you so much Miss Poly." Ori smiles.

"Don't mind it hihihi."

"I think your right Miss Poly. I should not let this drown me."

"Yes. Its better to prepare for the fight. Who knows maybe your team would win."

"No. For the sake of our team. We going to win against Ooarai." Ori's confident words. Poly smiles with a smug.

"But remember Ori. I'm pretty sure Andressa and Miho might also do their best."

"Then, we just going to do our best more. Our future is in the line after all." Ori's proud words. The doubt and fear is gone. Poly drink the final sip of  her chocolate and smiles.

"Well, I wish both teams give everything on tommorows fight."

After more minutes of chatting, the two them goes home. Minutes later, Ori is already sleeping with a smile on her face, she didn't even change her clothes as her body instantly wish a rest.