Chapter 1: Announcement

"The Saunders flag tank has been eliminated! Ooarai High School wins!"

The announcement rang out loudly in the venue. All the tense audience members were now celebrating happily, with some letting out deep sighs as they had expected Saunders to win the friendly match.

On the far side of the venue, two familiar faces were present - the commander of St. Gloriana, Darjeeling, and her favorite tea partner for viewing moments like this, Orange Pekoe.

"Well, I guess Ooarai still has the spark after all," Darjeeling commented before taking a sip of her tea.

"It really means that their victories are not just a gift of luck, Darjeeling-sama," Orange Pekoe replied. She still felt the same level of excitement and admiration as she had during the recent tournaments while watching Ooarai.

"They always say that 'Fortune favors the bold,' and Ooarai has the boldness to challenge the norm," Darjeeling said before smiling. She was excited to fight against Ooarai again. Orange Pekoe just quietly looked at her with a smile.

****

In the afternoon, after all the eliminated tanks are pulled out and the venue is cleaned, both Saunders and Ooarai have a friendship party. Other schools have already left due to various reasons, except Anzio students. They still have the enthusiasm that can even rival that of Saunders. But there's no rivalry, just party and happiness. Anchovy, Pepperoni, and Carpaccio can be seen cheerfully dancing with both Ooarai and Saunders students.

Far from the other partying students is a separate table where the Anglerfish team, Turtle team, Kay, and Naomi are talking, except Mako, who is currently sleeping in Saori's lap.

"That battle was fun just like our first fight!" Kay can't control her joy.

"Yes," Miho responds. She's still shy, but she's trying to communicate despite the difference in personality.

"We almost lost, but thankfully Miho managed to create a plan," Hana replied.

"But still! I can't believe we managed to defeat five Sherman Fireflies. Our teammates had a hard time getting near their tank's firing range," Yukari exclaimed with excitement, gesturing with her hands.

"And yet we still lost. It's just that your commander, Miho, can really flip the situation in your favor. She's really a formidable opponent," Naomi added. Miho blushed but smiled at the compliment.

"Oi, Miho is blushing!" Saori noticed Miho's red cheeks.

"Hahahaha! You're really complimenting her so much." Anko spoke, also making Naomi blush, which is very rare for her. As a result, they all laughed.

After several seconds, Anzu took a bite of her dried potato and looked at Kay.

"So... Kay, I think you have a request for us, right?" Anzu asked, making Miho and the others curious.

"Wait... A request? Is it related to our match? Does it have any conditions?" Miho asked.

"No. It's completely unrelated to the friendly match. It's a personal request. I think it's better if Kay explains it." Momo replied, then looked at Kay, expecting an explanation.

"Ahem! The thing is, I want you to join us in visiting a certain location tomorrow."

"A vacation!?" Saori suddenly got excited. Her sudden movement annoyed Mako, who was still sleeping.