Chapter 8: Calm before the storm - Ooarai

USS George Washington, Saunder's University High School

"Its been a long time since you visit our school." Kay asked. Her relaxed sitting positions really shows how feel at home she was despite talking to her posible polar opposite in terms of etiquette.

"Yeah. Thank you for giving us hospitality." Darjeeling replied. Unlike Kay, her sitting position is more refined. She sips to her cup of tea and smiles as it taste great.

"No problem! Just request if you want some snacks or something. Ok?"

"Sure." Darjeeling sips to her tea again. "I just want to ask something about the upcoming fight."

"Ohhhh... It's rare for you to get so invested in things like this." Kay is suprised on Darjeeling's curiosity.

"Well. Its fun to watch emerging school right now. Especially how fun our battles with Ooarai is."

"Yeah thats true." Kay nods.

"But something is bothering me. It's all about Corregidor and the events that leads to this. Why this battle happened in the first place?" Darjeeling questions with a confused look on her face.

"I see..."

Kay explains what the current situation Corregidor have and the stakes that they facing. As Kay tells the story, Darjeeling feels more invested.

"But, why you put them against Ooarai? You can call us for a practice match if you want. Or fight them by yourselves?" Darjeeling asked.

"The reason is I want to put a first impression to them. To show them what senshadou really is."

"Ok fine. I understand now. But why you put so much time and effort for this?"

"Hmmmm... Maybe because I want to show everyone a good senshadou match? Also, I want to give them equal footing as posible."

Darjeeling just sigh then sips to her tea.

"Trust me. This is going to be a very interesting battle." Kay winks.

"I hope so. I wish Corregidor find the sugar for their bitter black tea." Darjeeling smiles while looking on the black tea she's drinking.

Zuikaku, Ooarai High School - Training grounds

The whole Ooarai team just recently finished their daily practice.

"Thank you for your guidance!" All students said.

"Yo! Nishizumi-chan!"

Miho search for the voice and it turns out that it came from Anzu who waves her hand with ethusiasm. As usual, Yuzu and Momo is always on her side.

"Prez?" Miho asked.

"As you see. Tommorow is our battle with Corregidor, I just want to know if you have a plan?"

Miho just gives a sad expression.

"Well thats expected. We dealing with an unknown opponent so its understandable." Anzu said before making a bite to her dried potatoes.

"Also for some reason. Saunders didn't gives us a map of the battlefield. Its better if we made plans during the match." Momo commented.

"Miporin!" Saori calls for Miho. The four of Anglerfish members are waiting for Miho to finish her chat.

"Looks like someone is waiting for you. See you tommorow and good luck on us." Anzu says her farewell and leaves. Miho waves then go to her friends.

"Miho, did the president ask something?" Hana ask.

"Hmmm... Nothing. President just wishing all of us good luck for our match tommorow." Miho lied, she doesn't want to worry her teammates.