Preference: You two get a dog

Dan: You walked into the breeder's living room where Shiba Inu puppies were running around happily. You sat down on the floor when two came bounding toward you. Dan sat down next to you and took one of the puppies off of your lap. "Well aren't you the cutest," he cooed. He placed her back on the floor and she began to tug on his shoe laces. The puppy in your lap jumped up and began licking your face. Dan looked over at you and smiled. "What do you think about two puppies?" he asked. Your face lit up. "That shouldn't even be a question," you teased. Dan looked over at the breeder. "We'll take them both." When you got home, they were already exploring everywhere— under the bed, in the bathroom, on the couch. You decided to name one Akira and the other Takara, meaning 'intelligent' and 'a treasure' respectively.

Phil: "Hey guys! So, we have an announcement to make... we're parents!" Phil exclaimed as you lifted up your new puppy Simba-style. She tried to turn around and lick your face. "Her name's Kali. She's a Alaskan Klee Kai and the most adorable thing in the world," you explained. You then set her down on your lap where she curled up to take a nap. "We just got her yesterday, so she's still exploring and figuring things out," Phil continued. "And peeing on the floor. There's a lot of that," he laughed. "Yes there is," you agreed. You two talked a little more about the experience of first seeing her and bringing her home the day before. "Alright. We should probably go. We're gonna take the little one for a walk. Bye guys!"