Preference: Scars

Trigger warning: mentions of surgery, mentions of self harm

Dan: You were sitting next to Dan on the sofa when he mindlessly brought his hand under your shirt to rub your back. When you felt his hand touch your skin, you pushed his arm away. "Sorry," he apologized. "I just don't like people touching my back." Dan had taken notice of that— that you would shrug him off whenever he placed a hand on your back. But he didn't know why until you spoke. "I had surgery on my spine almost a year ago, so there's a really nasty scar." "Oh, alright... how bad is it?" You lifted up the back of your shirt to the middle of your back to display a purple scar that went from the base of your neck to your tailbone. "Can I?" he asked as his hand hovered over it. You were a little reluctant, but ended up giving permission. You winced as his finger traced lightly over the raised line— not because it hurt, but because you weren't used to your scar being touched. "It's gross, I know," you said after a few seconds of silence. "I think it's kind of cool."

Phil: Even though it happened years ago, you still hated the scars on your arms. You did everything you could to keep them covered, not wanting a reminder of how you felt about yourself back then. In the winter, you'd always keep your sleeves down, and in the summer, you'd wear bracelets. When Phil had seen them accidentally, he reacted quite well, reminding you repeatedly of how much he loves and cares about you, no matter how many times you told him it happened a while ago. Currently, he was lightly rubbing them with his thumb, and placing light kisses on them every so often. "I love you," he whispered seriously. He always became serious when he was doing things like this. "I know. I love you too," you smiled. He let out a small sigh. "I wish I knew you back then so I could have helped you." You shrugged, and couldn't help but think how nice it would have been to have at least one person on your side at that time in your life. "I still got through it." "And I'm so incredibly proud of you," he said quietly before kissing you lightly on the lips.