Chapter 15

Nick smiled at his brothers as he moved to the keyboards. This had been one of their best concerts yet. He suspected it was because they were all so excited about Amelia. Joe walked over and sat at the drums while Kevin straightened the guitar before him. Nick was particularly nervous because he had invited a guest to the concert that none of his family knew about. Selena had told Joe about Nick trying to invite David to the concert a few days ago. Joe had cornered and threatened him last night telling him that he was not to invite David. Nick had lied and agreed to keep David away.

“We want to thank all of you for coming to our show tonight,” Kevin began into the microphone. “Before we play our final song of the night we’d like to clear up a few rumors that have been in the press lately.” The crowd roared. “Now some of you may have noticed there are several photos out there of Joe and a mystery girl spending time together.” Nick looked over to see Joe at the drum set smiling over at Amelia on the side stage. A ripple of jealousy went through him at the sight. He didn’t know why, but it seemed Amelia had picked a favorite brother and it wasn’t him. Why didn’t she want to spend all that time with him?

“We’d like to tell you who that mystery girl is,” Kevin continued. “I’d like to invite her onto the stage. Everyone, please welcome our sister Amelia!” A silence fell over the crowd as Amelia walked onstage. Kevin pulled her close to his side for a hug causing the crowd to cheer once again. Nick knew they were all confused that they had a sister, but thrilled that Joe was still available. [AN: HA HA!] “We found and reconnected with one another not too long ago. And in true Jonas spirit we have asked Amelia to sing a song for all of you tonight. Ready, sis?” Amelia looked back to Joe at the drums for strength to perform.  Gently she stepped up to the microphone and let the opening notes of her song hit her.

[Song on the side]

Amelia finished the song to a standing ovation. Joe was right about the rush of performing, but she was afraid to look up from the floor. She felt an arm wrap around her, and she looked up to see Joe pulling her to his side.

“You did so great Lia! Did you enjoy performing?” Joe asked.

“It was a lot of fun,” Amelia said as a tiny smile spread across her face.

“Then why do I get the feeling that you’re upset?” he whispered into her ear.

“He’s here Joe. He was watching me the entire song. He knew it was about him.” Joe tensed looking over at Nick before trying to reassure her.

“Honey, David isn’t here. I promise you,” Joe said gently. “None of us would invite him here.”

“You suck at lying even more than I do Joe.” Joe sighed but didn’t refute what she said. “He listened to every word Joe. I really hurt him.”

“Lia you didn’t hurt him.” Amelia began to walk away as she exited the stage with Joe escorting her off. “Don’t blame yourself for him ending the relationship.” She turned to face him at the edge of the stage.

“Joe, you know that I lied right? David didn’t end things. I did.” Joe watched her walk away. He felt a tap on his shoulder, and he turned to face Kevin holding out the microphone for him.

“We still have one more song Joe,” Kevin said. “You can check on Amelia later.” Reluctantly he returned to the stage giving Nick a hard look. He knew exactly how David had ended up at the concert. He was angry at Nick, but he was starting to wonder if he really should be angry at Amelia. What more was she hiding?

[AN: I don’t know if I really like this chapter…]