Chapter 13

"Just this once Selena? Can't you do this for me?" David begged as he followed her off set.

"No David. I just got my friend back. I'm not going to risk it by helping you," Selena replied.

"Please Sel. There's a lot that happened that you aren't aware of. She hasn't told you everything."

"She's told me a lot more than you think."

"Anyone care to tell me what happened?" A voice called out. David and Selena turned to see Nick and Nicole standing before them. "I asked Nicole if I could tag along with her," Nick said. Of course he was here with her Selena thought. He was always with Nicole.

"What has gone on between Amelia and I is none of your business. I don't care if she is your sister," David snarled.

"Damn. Amelia wouldn't tell me either. This is just frustrating." Nick said. "The only one she talks to is Joe."

"Really?" Nicole asked.

"Yeah. They've been spending all their free time together," Nick replied.

"So that's why Joe didn't want to come along with us today," Nicole said quietly. Was she sad? Selena was surprised to hear the note of sadness in her voice. Did she miss Joe?

"I would ask where they are right now, but I think Joe would kill me if I showed up," David said.

"Are you still in love with my sister?" Nick asked.

"That's a very personal question."

"Do you want my help or not? Do you love Amelia?"

"Yes. I never stopped loving her."

"Then I'm going to help you get her back."

"Nick, no!" Selena exclaimed. "You don't know everything. David is only going to hurt Amelia again."

"She still cares about him Sel," Nick said.

"Even if she does it doesn't matter. Sometimes a relationship is just too toxic. Pulling them together will only hurt her more."

"No Sel. You know what really hurts? Having to pretend that you're okay just being friends with the person you love. Spending each day holding back from telling them how much you love them. Trust me. That hurts a hell of a lot more." Selena watched him march off with Nicole and David following. Was he talking about her? Had she hurt him that much? She watched him shake Nicole from his side. Or was he talking about Nicole?

[AN: Who is Nick talking about? Does he want Selena or Nicole? What's your choice? And to twilightlover123esme, I’m not telling you what David did yet. ;)]