Chapter 36

[One week later]

Amelia took a deep breath before looking out into the crowd. She had talked to the record execs before the concert started, and they had assured her that this was only the start for her. Her new album would be released next month and she would promote it with a six month tour. Her entire family was here and that included both sides. After talking with her father she and Adam had gone to his home to tell Molly about her biological family. Molly’s only questions was if she could still call Amelia her auntie.

Amelia had promised her that she could meet her biological dad sometime soon. She had been surprised to find out that the two had already met. Adam and his wife had sheepishly told her that David had been visiting the little girl and her sister ever since he learned of her existence. He told Molly to call him uncle David. Why had David not come to see her, Amelia wondered.

“I want to thank you all for being so nice to me. I know you all are just waiting for the boys to come out, but I would like to perform one more song. I actually asked my brothers if I could borrow one of their songs so I hope that you enjoy this,” Amelia said to the crowd. “As many of you know my brothers have been lucky enough to find the girls of their dreams. They did make a couple of wrong turns along the way.” The crowd laughed.

Amelia smiled as she thought about her brothers. Kevin and Dani were still going strong and talking about babies in their future. She was constantly pulling Joe and Nicole apart because the two of them seemed to feel that they could make out anywhere; including at the dinner table. She had heard Selena and Nick whispering about future wedding plans once their respective careers hit a slower pace.

“I have made my own wrong turns in love, but this song goes out to someone special to me. I hope he understands and that it isn’t too late to make everything right.” Amelia let the opening chords of the song sink into her bones. Her brothers had pulled her aside last night and convinced her that not all hope was lost with David. They were all sure that he would respond to a big gesture like this. Like a hopeless fool in love she had believed them.

[AN: I found a really pretty cover someone did of Make it Right that works perfectly here. Enjoy!]

Amelia blinked back her tears as the song came to an end. She silently wondered if David saw it or would even care.

[AN: The end is near! Don’t worry I have another story idea coming up that I am going to make slightly interactive! Sorta. I haven’t worked it out entirely. But soon!]