Chapter 32

Nick felt his eyes roll into the back of his head. The girls had continued to fight for another hour never allowing him or Joe to interrupt them. He looked over at his exhausted brother wondering what they should do. Nick turned to watch Selena as she bitched at Nicole. After she told him that she loved him he had run from her house unsure of what to do. He didn’t know how to go back, and tell her he was just scared. So he had continued to date Nicole for lack of a better idea.

Joe had given up trying to interject around twenty minutes ago. Nothing was going to stop Selena or Nicole. Nicole was so busy fighting with Selena that she didn’t notice his enthusiastic stare. She looked gorgeous as always in jeans and a simple tank top. She and Nick made the perfect couple on paper so he kept himself from interfering in their relationship. It still hurt him to see her so happy with his little brother. Besides, he and Selena had found a comfortable ease in their relationship.

“They’re still fighting Amelia! Should I still tell them that dinner is ready?” Frankie asked entering the room. Amelia entered the room behind him eyeing the scene with distaste.

“I don’t know Frank. I asked your brothers to fix this, and it doesn’t look like they’ve done anything. I don’t think we should really reward them with dinner,” Amelia said.

“But I love dinner!” Joe whined.

“You can’t keep me from eating. I’m diabetic,” Nick argued.

“Fine. Apparently, I have to do everything for you boys. Little brothers can be such a pain,” Amelia said sarcastically.

“Hey!” Frankie complained.

“Sorry Frank. I didn’t mean you,” Amelia said patting his head. “Nicole? Selena?” Both girls ignored her. “I’M PREGNANT!” Selena and Nicole turned to her as their voices fell silent.

“You’re what?” Nick and Joe asked in unison.

“Not really, but it shut them up didn’t it?” Amelia said chuckling. “I’m getting really tired of this, and apparently my little brothers are complete wusses when it comes to girls. Don’t say a word Frankie. I know you still haven’t even talked to that girl in your class. Let me clear up a few things here for you.”

“This really isn’t your problem,” Nicole said.

“It became my problem when I couldn’t find any quiet in my own home. I’m tired of everyone hiding their feelings from each other. I’m not letting you all have pathetic love lives like I do. So let’s clear up a few things right now.”

“What things?” Selena asked.

“Nick is in love with Selena. He never got over her. I know Selena still has feelings for Nick as well. Selena is only dating Joe to help her forget how jealous she is over Nick and Nicole dating. Joe thinks Nicole loves Nick so he is backing off so she can find true love. And Nicole is hopelessly obsessed with Joe. Work on that and let me know what happens,” Amelia said walking into the kitchen. “You can have dinner once y’all are done!” The silence that surrounded them after Amelia’s pronouncement was deafening.

[AN: Originally I had planned some melodramatic, sappy revelation for Nick, Joe and the girls. But it just seems more entertaining to me to have Amelia just blurt it all out. Yay for the Frankie cameo!]