Chapter 33

The silence settled over the room. No one was willing to look at anyone. They could hear the rest of the Jonas family in the dining room enjoying dinner. Joe’s stomach growled into the silence causing all four of them to erupt on laughter.

“What?” Joe asked pretending to look hurt. “I’m hungry and dinner smells good.” The others continued to laugh at Joe. “Selena, we should break up.” The quiet filled the room again.

“Finally!” Selena said hugging Joe close.

“Wait, you wanted to break up with me?” Selena blushed before pulling away from him.

“Well…yeah….sort of. Amelia was telling the truth. I love Nick, but you were there for me when I thought I was losing Nick. I didn’t want to hurt you.”

“I didn’t want to hurt you either. I’m still obsessed with Nicole!” Joe and Selena hugged enthusiastically. Neither of them had ever been so thrilled to end a relationship before. Nick cleared his throat to get their attention.

“There’s something we need to confess as well,” Nick said looking over at Nicole. She nodded for him to continue. “Nicole and I only started dating to make both of you jealous.”

“But that kiss?” Selena asked. [AN: The kiss Nick planted on Nicole in the diner, remember?]

“It was just a fluke really. I think I only felt something because I wished I was kissing you,” he said looking at Selena.

“And I’ve only been trying to get Joe’s attention,” Nicole said looking at her feet. “Nick is my friend. Nothing more.” Joe suddenly stood pulling Nicole to her feet in front of him. Before she could ask what was going on he captured her lips in a searing kiss. [AN: I always saw Joe as a man of action. ;)] Nick and Selena giggled nervously from the couch when they realized that the couple had no intention of ending their impromptu makeout session.

“Joe always has the best ideas,” Selena said before pulling Nicks lips against her own.

[Several minutes later]

“EEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!” Frankie cried out from the doorway to the living room.

“What’s the matter Frankie?” Kevin called from the dining room. Frankie watched both couples quietly before coming to his own decision.

“Nick and Joe said I could have their dinners and dessert Kevin!” he yelled back to the dining room.

“Oh they did, did they?”

“Fine. I’ll share their dessert with you. They’ll never notice anyway. They’re busy!” Frankie said marching back in the dining room.

[AN: Busy making out….Hee! Hee! Hee!]