Chapter 19

Nick watched Nicole from his bed as she sat on the desk chair in his room. He had pulled his obviously upset friend upstairs before she had started crying.

"This isn't working like I thought it would Nick," Nicole said still on the verge of tears. " He isn't supposed to be with someone else. I thought you said he loved me."

"He does," Nick sighed. "He's just retaliating against me. He's trying to upset me."

"When you asked me to break off my relationship with David you promised me. Joe always got so mad when I spent time with you so I went along with the plan. But he's moved onto Selena. Maybe we should just forget this whole thing. My agent was really mad that I broke off my publicity romance. I just need to go back to David."

"NO!!! You can't. David and my sister are meant to be. If he's dating someone, even for publicity, she'll continue to use that as an excuse to avoid him. I can't let her keep doing that. I have a plan to fix this."

"Okay, what?"

"We all go on a group date together. Joe and Sel won't be able to keep up the act of a relationship in front of everyone. Once that plan crumbles then Joe's focus will be back on you."

"And if this plan of yours doesn't work?"

"It will work." It has to work, Nick thought. Because if Selena really was dating Joe then he didn't know what he would do.

Danielle listened to Nick and Nicole from the hallway. She couldn’t believe they were doing something so stupid. Were they all five years old or something? She marched down the stairs to find Kevin so they could head home for the evening. She found him talking to his mother in the entryway.

“Your brothers are complete morons. Can we please go home now?” Dani asked.

“What are you talking about babe?” Kevin asked. They were all momentarily distracted by the sight of Amelia having what looked like a fight with her brother Adam. "What’s going on out there mom?”

“I guess Amelia had a falling out with her mother,” Denise explained. “She never told her mom that she had moved in here.”

“I take back what I said about your brothers. All of your siblings are complete dopes,” Dani said grabbing the keys and heading out the door.

[AN: HA! HA! I think Dani is my voice of reason for this story. They are all making some dumb choices lately.]