Chapter 1

“Why do they always ask us that stupid question about a Jonas sister?” Nick asked his brothers as they settled into the car on the ride home. “We’re the Jonas brothers. The closest thing we have to a sister is Danielle.”

“Keep in mind there are numerous fans that write stories of us having a sister we know nothing about. They can’t help but be curious about how we would react to having a sister,” Kevin said matter of factly. The car started driving them home to meet their parents.

“So what do you think mom and dad wanted to talk to us about?” Joe asked. “They haven’t called a family meeting in years. Is Danielle going to be there?”

“She’s meeting us there,” Kevin replied. “Mom sounded so serious on the phone. I hope everything is okay. Do you think something is wrong with Frankie?” All three of the brothers sat nervously in the car unsure of what news would greet them. When the car finally came to a stop they rushed out thanking their driver before entering the family home. They found their family in the living room sitting on the couches waiting nervously for their arrival. Kevin walked over to Danielle pulling her close as he waited for his parents to speak.

“Mom? Dad?” Nick asked. “What’s going on? Is everyone okay? Why did you call this family meeting?”

“Ask your father,” their mother said coldly.

“Boys. Danielle. There’s something I have to tell you,” their father said with a sigh. “When your mother and I first got married things were tough. It wasn’t all sunshine and roses. I made some mistakes before you all were born. Your mother and I are very much in love, and I regret hurting her like that.”

“Dad, I’m confused. What are you trying to tell us?” Joe asked. Their father heaved a large sigh and then looked up to meet their gazes.

“What I’m trying to say is,” he paused again, “you all have an older sister.”