Chapter 14

Amelia smiled as Frankie celebrated winning a game of uno against her. She had been living with the Jonas family for almost two weeks now. It was finally starting to feel like home. Most of her days were spent hanging out with Joe or Frankie. She had taken a leave of abscence from work so she could spend as much time as possible with all of them.

"It's just a game of uno Frankie," she said laughing at his victory dance.

"You're only saying that because you lost," Frankie replied.

"He's right you know." Joe said from the doorway. Amelia turned and smiled at her little brother. She saw their dad standing behind Joe and slightly tensed. While she had been getting along well with her brothers; she had been avoiding her bio dad as much as possible. It still felt so awkward to call him dad. "Is this the first time you've won Frank?"

"It's the seventh," Frankie proudly replied.

"I'm not good at card games," Amelia said blushing as they all laughed.

"So Lia, dad wanted to talk to you. We need to figure out how we tell the public about you," Joe said sitting down next to her. She smiled at his use of the nickname he had given her.

"Or we could just not tell them anything," she tried.

"We have to say something," Paul interjected. "The press is trying to figure out who you are and why you're so close to the boys. If we don't say something soon they'll keep posting trash like this." Joe and Amelia looked down at the magazine their father had laid on the coffee table. It showed the two of them at a local park with the headline "Joe Jonas in love?"

"Kevin and Dani were there too," Amelia explained.

"Which just makes it look more like a double date," their dad said.

“But I’m not dating Joe.”

“The press doesn’t know that Amelia. That’s why we need to nip this in the bud before it gets any bigger.” They had been spending nearly every day together so Joe couldn’t figure out why she was so hesitant about telling the world she was their sister. Was she afraid of the publicity? Was she never going to become a Jonas?

“Lia, we need to tell more than a few friends. I’ve thought about it and I think I have a great idea of how to do it,” Joe said. “You’re going to perform at our next concert.” Amelia’s mouth opened wide but no sound came out.

“I can’t perform. I’m not a singer. Joe please,” Amelia began to babble.

“You do sing. Performing is a little nerve wrecking, but you’ll get through it. We’ll all be there for you. I know you’ve written more than a few songs.” Joe watched her eyes widen. He had heard the bulk of her songs the past few weeks and he knew what her next thought was. “I know most of your songs are about him Lia. When you write a song you express your emotions, but it is so much more powerful when you perform it. Trust me.”

“Okay,” Amelia said slowly.

“Perfect!” Paul said clapping his hands together. “I’ll go call the boys’ tour manager and get him to put you on the set list for their next concert. You pick out the song you want to sing. Your mom is going to be so surprised to see you performing on stage with the boys!” Joe and Amelia watched him walk happily out of the room.

“That’s not the only thing that’s going to surprise her,” Joe said echoing her thoughts. He looked over at her and she could immediately tell what he was thinking. She needed to tell her mother that she had moved in before they announced it to the whole world. She was too much of a wuss, however, to do it.

[AN: I have way more views on this story than any other. Either my writing is getting better or everyone likes a Jonas sister story.]